Kendricks contract details

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I was talking about the Dak extension, but hey, knock yourself out.
You didn't make that clear. But I actually preferred that we move a large chunk of his money into the void years instead of extending him. However, since we're not going to use free agency to improve anyway, we might as well eat the hit this year and then make a decision next year on whether to sign him long-term.

However, I think those of you who think the Joneses are going to do that, instead of signing him long-term, are fooling yourselves as much as those who thought "all-in" meant all-in.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You didn't make that clear. But I actually preferred that we move a large chunk of his money into the void years instead of extending him. However, since we're not going to use free agency to improve anyway, we might as well eat the hit this year and then make a decision next year on whether to sign him long-term.

However, I think those of you who think the Joneses are going to do that, instead of signing him long-term, are fooling yourselves as much as those who thought "all-in" meant all-in.
I think that, like his legal troubles that I'm sure are helping his case for a new contract, we should just wait and see and let it all play out.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think that, like his legal troubles that I'm sure are helping his case for a new contract, we should just wait and see and let it all play out.
I'm not in disagreement with that. I just don't expect the Joneses to do it. I'm OK with this being a one-year, do-or-die contract, especially since it is clear that even if we cleared cap space, we would not use it.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The 49ers offer must've sucked.
May have been the same or just slightly lower. It's not like Stephen Jones isn't going to ask, "Well, how much did they offer you? We'll give you one cent more!"

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Amidst all the negativity around here, Kendrick’s comments are refreshing.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/why-eric-kendricks-changed-his-mind-and-picked-dallas
Chuck your a great fan and awsome poster here...if Micah is the DE then i 100% tell you in the playoffs they will be running at him and he will not be able to stop it...so yeah the signing is good but if its becuse we "Need" to make sure Micah is the DE then we are cooked...he aint a DE..sorry he isnt..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys (outside) free agent signings

Chuma Edoga 1-year, $1.23 million
Johnathan Hankins 1-year, $1.3 million (whoops, Hankins would be counted as our own)
Donte Fowler 1-year, $4.25 million max (Fowler also would be counted as our own)
Trent Sieg 1-year, $1.232 million
Ronald Jones II 1-year, $1.232 million

James Washington 1-year, $1.035 million
Dante Fowler 1-year, $1 million
Ryan Nail 1-year, ??
Even most of the fringe players already on the team were re-signed to one-year deals (McQuaide, Sprinkle, Watkins, Noah Brown, Gifford)

Keanu Neal 1-year, $5 million
Tarell Basham 1-year, ??
Carlos Watkins 1-year, ??
Ty Nsekhe 1-year, ??
Jake McQuaide 1-year, ??
Brent Urban 1-year, ??
Demontae Kazee 1-year, ??
Jayron Kearse 1-year, ??
And that was Quinn's first year as DC.

But don't let that stop your opinion. You clearly have an agenda you want to push, so the evidence doesn't matter.
We really don’t have enough signings to draw a conclusion about the 1 year deals but the idea that the cowboys have only given out 1 year deals isn’t true. Some of these guys are resigning and some coming from other teams but multi year deals have been given out to:

2023 - LVE, Rush, Wilson, Cooks(trade)
2022 - Turpin, Armstrong, Kearse, Gallup, anger, Hooker,
2021 - Basham, Prescott, Goodwin, lewis
2020 - Cobb, Cooper, Jarwin, brown

As mentioned it’s still all speculation to this point and ultimately the telling one will be what happens with Dak but this is something to keep an eye one and would be telling IF the one year deals continue. It’s not anything yet but even guys who previously signed multi year extensions are getting 1 year offers this time around.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We really don’t have enough signings to draw a conclusion about the 1 year deals but the idea that the cowboys have only given out 1 year deals isn’t true. Some of these guys are resigning and some coming from other teams but multi year deals have been given out to:

2023 - LVE, Rush, Wilson, Cooks(trade)
2022 - Turpin, Armstrong, Kearse, Gallup, anger, Hooker,
2021 - Basham, Prescott, Goodwin, lewis
2020 - Cobb, Cooper, Jarwin, brown

As mentioned it’s still all speculation to this point and ultimately the telling one will be what happens with Dak but this is something to keep an eye one and would be telling IF the one year deals continue. It’s not anything yet but even guys who previously signed multi year extensions are getting 1 year offers this time around.
You're counting our own free agents in this. Dallas treats its own free agents and trades differently than it does outside free agents. The cheap FAs we bring in are signed to one-year contracts. One reason for that, I'm sure, is the players don't want to sign a multiyear cheap contract. They are betting they can prove themselves and earn a better deal. The outside free agents Dallas retains after first giving them a one-year deal sometimes get multiyear deals.

Gambit

Reaction score
This is what we do in free agency. We sign our own to long-term deals and we sign cheap FAs to one-year deals. Business as usual.

We'll eventually sign Prescott and Lamb this year to long-term deals IMO.
I think Dak chooses not to sign. He has zero incentive to do so.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
For once I would really like to see Micah make another pod cast. This time he should share what he thinks about all the players Dallas has lost in the past few weeks and how the front office has only signed 1 person. Just 1 to fill the loss of what, 6 or 7 to free agency and cuts?

I'm sure he isn't happy but he won't speak his mind until after he gets his bag. Don't want to piss off Jerry and put that in jeopardy.
Good thinking.

Oh it’s gonna happen, and Micah’s not gonna wait. He’s just doesn’t have the self control to hold back.

Ultimate get your popcorn ready moment headed our way.