Kendricks was our prize pickup this summer, could it pay huge dividends?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Signing Kendricks wasn't the splash move that we all wanted, but it was a severe need on this team. We're getting a veteran a guy that's familiar with our current defensive coordinator which is making for a smooth transition. What are your expectations of Kendricks, he may end up being a HUGE piece to making our defense better. Stopping the run to me is his most important task for right now, and being the green dot leader of the defense! Please give your thoughts

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes he will make a difference. But he may not be playing much as the season goes on. We have 2 young LB's that both might be out playing him at some point.
I hear ya, but with #11 going back and fourth from LB to DE you'll need someone in there unless they let those 2 youngins play the nickel, that would be great to trust them!

Jfconrow

Reaction score
He’s been pretty durable as an ILB. He used to run a 4.6, but even if he’s not that fast anymore he’s got alot more experience and I expect him to be a solid ILB in run support. I’m guessing he comes off the field during nickel defense.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he will make a difference. But he may not be playing much as the season goes on. We have 2 young LB's that both might be out playing him at some point.
I think he's going to play a lot (assuming healthy of course) since he will likely be the quarterback of the defense given how well he knows Zimmer's system.

I have only seen him on a few plays in training camp but he looks like a solid linebacker to me and seems to recognize plays very well.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In his younger days Eric Kendricks was an excellent LB. Fluid, quick to ball the wherever it was and a sure tackler. He’s still pretty good, though not as quick or durable. But I am glad he’s here. A good stop gap if the young guys can develop.

Praxit

Reaction score
....I get good vibes from this guy. First impressions, ... he's smart and had good instincts.

That alone is huge for playing middle of field. Second, his years of XP will add to aiding other players to not fall for tricks.

He still looks to have good speed. But we wont know until game time.

gtb1943

Reaction score
The big question with him is age starting to show? IF NOT, then as long as he is healthy he is pretty much going to be leading the D. He is familiar with ZImmers system which is important.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He's still got game - the Chargers released him this offseason for cap reasons rather than a decline in play.

Father time is undefeated, but I'd be shocked if Kendricks didn't put in a good season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing Kendricks wasn't the splash move that we all wanted, but it was a severe need on this team. We're getting a veteran a guy that's familiar with our current defensive coordinator which is making for a smooth transition. What are your expectations of Kendricks, he may end up being a HUGE piece to making our defense better. Stopping the run to me is his most important task for right now, and being the green dot leader of the defense! Please give your thoughts
Got a good feeling about our new # 94.
This kid should be a keeper.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Got a good feeling about our new # 94.
This kid should be a keeper.
I 2nd this my friend, I just don't like the number being given to him, let him make his own name not be the next great #94 lol

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's still got game - the Chargers released him this offseason for cap reasons rather than a decline in play.

Father time is undefeated, but I'd be shocked if Kendricks didn't put in a good season.
name sounds familiar were you in the blogs years ago?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I 2nd this my friend, I just don't like the number being given to him, let him make his own name not be the next great #94 lol
The F/O posted about the FA LB we picked up my bad thought it was our new rookie RE/LE pickup.