Kentucky Derby 2024

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the 150th Kentucky Derby. As the resident horse on this forum, it should be a lot of fun. Living in Cleveland and watching the Kentucky Oaks (where the mares run), it'll be a very soggy ground. That said, it's always fun to watch the Kentucky Derby, Preakness States, and the Belmont Stakes.

Should note: the winner of the Kentucky Oaks this year is Thorpedo Anna. What a race that was!! Looking forward to tomorrow's races.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Shame horse racing is not what it was. Like Indy Car racing its really faded over the last thirty years.

Now maybe its just the sports media and media in general that make it look this way but I kind of doubt it

Now I am old enough to remember when the winner of the Indy 500 was talked about everywhere; now you hear nothing
Horse Racing even the Triple Crown is hardly mentioned

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Shame horse racing is not what it was. Like Indy Car racing its really faded over the last thirty years.

Now maybe its just the sports media and media in general that make it look this way but I kind of doubt it

Now I am old enough to remember when the winner of the Indy 500 was talked about everywhere; now you hear nothing
Horse Racing even the Triple Crown is hardly mentioned

It really is a shame, and it's amazing how quick the horses that run are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
they are called race horses for a reason. If you get a chance, read 'Secretariat' by William Nack. It goes into horse racing in great detail and also its history.

I definitely should. As my fursona and pfp implies, I love horses. They're fantastic. And of course they're going to be quick being racehorses. Especially considering that they're thoroughbreds. That said, it's incredible to watch the races as they happen.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My wife's good friend has a horse running there today. She bought it for $5500 and he has now won over 1.8 million in total purse. The horses name is escaping me right now…..

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I still enjoy an occasional day at the race track. Have fun reading the program and their past race stats to predict the winner. Never understood the fascination with greyhound racing though.