Kerry Collins?

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Whaddya think of him as a backup?

I seem to recall Galloway writing a column two years ago, claiming Collins was going to be the next Delhomme & how the Boys blew it by not signing him. (Of course, Jim Reeves wrote a column just a couple of weeks ago saying we should sign Culpepper as our franchise QB. Wouldn't THAT have made for an interesting mix--TO, Culpepper, & Vanderjagt?!) Anyway, back to Collins--I don't think he's a starter any longer, but wouldn't be bad insurance.

Champsheart

Reaction score
I would pass. Not really because of Collins, but more I want to continue to develop Romo. Unlike many I actually have some hope for him.:starspin

Hoov

Reaction score
i thought that too after i saw he was being released. (about him being a good backup)

Wimbo

Reaction score
Collins the next Delhomme? What does that mean? Collins has been in the league much longer than Jake. :confused:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I liked him after he was cut by the Gints... but seeing how average he looked last year throwing to Moss, I'd say "pass."

But I DO think we need someone experienced as a backup.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wimbo said:
Collins the next Delhomme? What does that mean? Collins has been in the league much longer than Jake. :confused:

Collins was also a 1st round draft pick, rather than a NFLE guy like Delhomme.

Collins has already played (and been dumped) by four different teams.

Other than the fact that both have spent time wearing both Saints and Panthers Jerseys, I don't see a comparison at all.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
Well, you know that Galloway has a Brokeback Mountain type of man-love for Delhomme. And how he loves to keep crooning "Jake DELHOMME" about 1,972,645 times a season while harping that the Boys should have signed him back in 2003. So when Collins got cut by the Giants & was signed by the Raiders, he started in on how we'd made a mistake again because Collins was another Delhomme (as in franchise QB).

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
If they dump Henson I think it would be an OK pick up. Put him behind Romo on the rotation and if Bledsoe goes down they at least have someone with experiece on the squad if Romo can't get it done.

Wimbo

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
Well, you know that Galloway has a Brokeback Mountain type of man-love for Delhomme. And how he loves to keep crooning "Jake DELHOMME" about 1,972,645 times a season while harping that the Boys should have signed him back in 2003. So when Collins got cut by the Giants & was signed by the Raiders, he started in on how we'd made a mistake again because Collins was another Delhomme (as in franchise QB).

Got it. I failed to put together the fact that we were discussing Galloway "logic".

Rumor

Reaction score
well he kind of quit one of the teams acually....and dont gorget he took the Giants to the SB...and the saints were kind of a stint considering he just came back from a ****ed up situation from Carolina....he is still worth something just not with us....