Key Injuries Update

willia451

Reaction score
Tony Romo (back) - The Cowboys quarterback "took most of the practice" snaps Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said after Wednesday's workout, pointing out the longer Romo worked the more his sore back loosened up. Romo sustained a back contusion in the first half of the Giants game, but never left Sunday's game. Romo at the outset of practice appeared to struggle some just jogging and grimaced when he threw some balls, but did throw accurately and with a good amount of zip. He had limited participation in practice and appeared to struggle simply walking down the hallways at The Ranch.

Taking a knee in the back will do that to you. I'll bet if we got a good look at it, the color of his back and how big the bruise really is would make your jaw drop. Our first reaction would probably be "OMG, we're screwed. No way he plays." But, he will. There it is.

Marion Barber (toe) - After playing some on Sunday, the Cowboys starting running back did not participate in practice on Wednesday, his dislocated little right toe sore after carrying the ball eight times and likely playing about a dozen plays against the Giants before retiring to the sideline. Seems as though Barber will be questionable once again for Saturday night's game.

Probably see him about as much as we did against the Giants. And he'll probably be about as effective. Maybe not. But it does not look good right now.

Adam Jones (neck) - Now we know why the Cowboys did not place Pacman Jones on injured reserve, as doctors not only cleared him to practice on Wednesday, but also to play against the Ravens Saturday night. Jones recovered considerably faster than Phillips counted on, but since he went through the non-pad practice Wednesday on at least a limited basis, Phillips said he likely would resume his role at corner on the sub-package defenses and returning kicks. Evidently not only did swelling in the herniated disk in his neck subside, but so did the bruising it caused on the spinal cord.

Back already??? Must have been divine intervention. After everything that's happened, who knew??

Montrae Holland (ankle) - Holland was out of his walking boot Monday after the win against the Giants, but still did not return to practice Wednesday with his sprained ankle (not high). Holland was seen walking onto the practice field in sweats with his sprained right ankle heavily tapped, likely for rehab purposes. Phillips didn't seem too encouraged about his chances of playing Saturday, but thought next Sunday against the Eagles was more likely.

Hmmmmm. Sounds like OUT to me. Too bad. He was really playing well. And Procter? Well. We'll just have to work with it. Somehow. Jason?

Roy Williams (foot) - After not practicing all last week and the playing on Sunday with plantar fasciitis, Williams decided on Wednesday to at least work on a limited basis to improve his timing with Romo. Phillips said he seemed to be "better" than he was last week.

Better is good. Although with PC catching a few and Austin back and contributing nicely, not as big a concerns as it could be. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to see RW get more touches. But probably not going to happen much with a bum foot.

Ken Hamlin (ankle) - Did not practice all last week, yet played on Sunday, and it appears he's headed down that same road with his foot injury. Hamlin did not practice on Wednesday, and Phillips said they will handle him similar to last week, still figuring on him playing Saturday night.

Looks like he's in. And did no further damage to the ankle against the Giants. Which is good of course. With our situation thin at Safety, Hamlin going down would be horrible to say the least.

Keith Davis (knee and shoulder) - The Cowboys strong safety played through a third-degree MCL sprain in his knee, and went to the locker room to have an X-ray performed on his impinged shoulder during the first half, only to return after halftime. Davis was able to practice on a limited basis Wednesday, making sure he took part in the base defense portion of practice this week. He might not do much more, if anything on Thursday, to ensure he'll be able to play Saturday night.

KD is going to wind up being the bionic man. They have to keep pasting pieces of him back on. But he still keeps playing. Think he wants the SS job full time for himself next year?? I do.

That's about it. Everyone else that is banged up (like Witten, who fully participated Wed) is playing Sat night anyway. And of note, Ware is no where to be found on the injury report anymore (whooo hoooo).

Go Cowboys!!!!

bigE79

Reaction score
:star: I really like KD and i hope he is given a real chance next year to be the starter...he has shown nothing to me that he cant,imo:star:

kmd24

Reaction score
bigE79;2503352 said:
:star: I really like KD and i hope he is given a real chance next year to be the starter...he has shown nothing to me that he cant,imo:star:

Kid seems tough as nails. When they asked him about special teams last week, he said, "If I'm playing, I'm playing." How many other guys would still play specials with a 3rd degree MCL sprain?

Bull Frog

Reaction score
willia451;2503333 said:
[/I]Adam Jones (neck) - Phillips said he likely would resume his role at corner on the sub-package defenses and returning kicks.

I'd prefer Austin and Scandrick return kicks. Jones hasn't shown anything in the return game.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kmd24;2503396 said:
Kid seems tough as nails. When they asked him about special teams last week, he said, "If I'm playing, I'm playing." How many other guys would still play specials with a 3rd degree MCL sprain?

Dude got shot multiple times he is not gonna let this stuff stop him...well at least he will try.

Word was though that during that last game after he hurt his shoulder he told the coaches, or the trainers told the coaches, just to let him out of special teams for the rest of that game. At least I believe that is what I read.