Key Play of the Game

Aven8

Reaction score
When we had them in the third quarter at 3rd and 17....after they had two illegal procedure penalties in a row. The next play Warner dumped it off, as we were hitting him, and the guy got 18. They went down and tied the game. IMO that was the key play of the game. How do you give up 3rd and 17?????

From then on...we could not stop them....and obviously Todd "Rat in my burger" Haley knew to go after Henry.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Aven8;2333199 said:
When we had them in the third quarter at 3rd and 17....after they had two illegal procedure penalties in a row. The next play Warner dumped it off, as we were hitting him, and the guy got 18. They went down and tied the game. IMO that was the key play of the game. How do you give up 3rd and 17?????

From then on...we could not stop them....and obviously Todd "Rat in my burger" Haley knew to go after Henry.

that was bad, but I think the missed FG was it instead of the 52 for the win it was the 52 to tie:)

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aven8;2333199 said:

Wasn't Warner's pass tipped?

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
You are right we had them on the ropes for the first time there. At 3 & 17 was the biggest play of the game I would agree with that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Aven8;2333199 said:

Exactly. That was the play that I really feel like screwed us. We had a great shot there to put the ball back in our hands and give us a great shot to take their hearts out of them.

superpunk

Reaction score
Aven8;2333250 said:
Yep. Then poor tackle after poor tackle.
Was it poor tackling?

I don't even think anyone touched him until he dove out of bounds for the marker.

I would say that was the critical moment, though. There were so many, but that one really stuck out to me. We had them on the ropes, and gave up a 3rd and 17 on a freaking screen.

phillycard

Reaction score
Boysboy;2333222 said:
Wasn't Warner's pass tipped?

One of boys seemed to think the tip was what threw the D off. Either way Hightower made a heck of a play.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
This is Our Year;2333243 said:
You are right we had them on the ropes for the first time there. At 3 & 17 was the biggest play of the game I would agree with that.

for the first time?.....i thought our D had them on the ropes the whole game UNTIL then

MONT17

Reaction score
Felix gettin hurt really did it for me! Felix is instant offense and u had that feeling he was poised to break one! When ever he was in the game I was hyped waiting for him to bust it open and that sweep killed it! FIRE THE TRAINER!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Aven8;2333199 said:

I agree, you could tell that they were starting to get flustrated and if they punted and we went down and scored, that probably would have put the game away.

But Wade's D gave up 3 and 17 and that energized them the rest of the game. How in the hell do you give up 3rd and 17 on a freakin screen pass???

That play may have cost us our season:(

links18

Reaction score
There are plays like that every year. Remember a few years back the Eagles were playing the Giants and they were about to lose and go to like 1-3, but Westbrook busted a punt return that basically turned their season around. I hope that 3rd and 17 isn't the play that breaks our season.

alby

Reaction score
We played such great defense in the first half too. In the second half, we just couldn't tackle them for some reason. Fatigue maybe?

links18

Reaction score
Another key play was the 3rd and 1 right before the half after the fumble recovery. 3rd and 1 with 2 TOs, we rush a pass to TO, incomplete, miss the FG and subsequently lose the game in OT.

Boysboy

Reaction score
links18;2337461 said:
There are plays like that every year. Remember a few years back the Eagles were playing the Giants and they were about to lose and go to like 1-3, but Westbrook busted a punt return that basically turned their season around. I hope that 3rd and 17 isn't the play that breaks our season.

Also reminds me of the '05 Seattle game-we were pretty much waxing them throughout the game, especially on D. However-can't tell you how many blown opportunities there were for us. Bledsoe threw a fluke INT late in the 1st half, the Hawks capitalized on it with a 50 yard FG. Then Cortez missed a chip shot in the 2nd half(prior to that, we were threatening to score a TD but missed out on that).

Then the offensive fireworks started for the Hawks with 2 minutes left-they tied up the game, then moments later, Bledsoe threw an INT that set up the Hawks game winning 50 yarder. I mean that was TWO 50 yarders in the RAIN.

Not saying this game could be the Cards' defining moment that puts a fuse into their season, but they DO have a pretty good team this year, and could follow in the footsteps of the Hawks and Bears in previous years.

rangers71

Reaction score
Those kind of plays happen. For me it was the Folk kick that went out of bounds. We went up by a touchdown and then promptly gave the the ball at the forty.