Key's New Book - A "Review"

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
keybook.jpg

From First Down to Touchdown - Keyshawn's Keys to Winning in Life.
Just arrived courtesy of Amazon.com.

It's a very glossy, well put together affair, 212 pages of "the ultimate sports workout".

It's a step-by-step conditioning and work out regimen with maybe two hundred plus color photos of KJ and his trainer taking the reader thru exercises, including cardiovascular conditioning, free weights, isolaterals, power series and 'fieldwork exercises'. The layout of the book is well done..photos sharp and clear and instructions easy to follow, well, easy to read and understand, anyway.

There's some things I find novelties...like a page of "rice grabs", on which four pics feature Key reaching into a huge plastic garbage can of rice (it looks uncooked) and doing different "grips" with it..the idea being one can increase the strength and endurance of his/her grip. :eek:: There is a Quick Tips section on each page..this one read in part "For greater difficulty, have a spotter hold your legs up while you do these same exercises".

Right. :D

The book does have some lovely photos of Key in his uni, and some game photos from last season. There is enough text in addition to the work-out routine to make it fairly interesting. Key did a much better foreword than that travesty of a "Just Throw Me the Damn Ball" in '96, and there are some well chosen quotes from such diverse luminaries as Ghandi, Ali, MLK, and Dr. J introducting the sections.

It's really a power-of-positive-thinking meets Key's conditioning routine hybrid. For those who think KJ's ego got supplanted by the Ghandi, forget it. He's added "spiritually" to the "physically", and "mentally" top-of-my-game braggodocio...but there's still enough "Over the years you've been watching me on Sundays make the tough catches. Running up the middle with no fear of 200-pound safties wanting to take my head off" chest-thumping to know it's really Key, not some editor.

It's a guy's thing, and my hubby is getting it wrapped up ffor Father's Day tomorrow once I drool over a few more pics, but a nice production. I'm no expert on these books. But this thing is pretty posh, presentation and sequencing, and from what I've flipped thru, the equipment is no more impressive than what most folks have at home...bungee cords and weights, etc. and the flex machines look like run-of the mill gym equipment.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
Hey, it beats cocaine and hookers in the offseason ...
For sure. And even more importantly, if he makes enough money off this thing, even if he has a great season this year, he might not ask for a "restucture:. ")

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
For sure. And even more importantly, if he makes enough money off this thing, even if he has a great season this year, he might not ask for a "restucture:. ")

I'm not farmiliar with Keyshawn's contract or the term ... how long do we have him for?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Banned_n_austin said:
I'm not farmiliar with Keyshawn's contract or the term ... how long do we have him for?
Ben, it was originally reported as a four year deal for twenty mil. I think the SB was only 4 mil. But it may have been tweaked before the ink dried.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Ben, it was originally reported as a four year deal for twenty mil. I think the SB was only 4 mil. But it may have been tweaked before the ink dried.

Thanks - I like that he wrote a book. I don't expect anything to off the wall or disruptive from Keyshawn. He'll have his game together and his attitude as well as long as Parcells is here. People over-react to him ...

Good job For Keyshawn making (or writing) a book. Like you said, it would be interesting enough to read. That'd be a very cool B-day present. I'm sure your better half will like it. :)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Didn't Roger Clemens used to do the "rice grabs" or something similar to improve his arm strength?

I believe it was a commericial, but actually part of his workout.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I wish we had Key in his true prime, but I really can't complain about his performance and attitude last year.