KEYS to the Game

links18

Reaction score
1. Someone tell Garrett its OK to run the ball.
2. Someone tell Romo, when a play breaks down the best move isn't always to hurl it 60 yards down field to a double covered Owens.
3. Someone tell Romo its OK to run for a first down when there is nobody in front of you.
4. Someone tell Phillips that if you lose the game you lose your job, so things like fake punts, onside kicks and trick plays are called for in the right circumstances in this game.
5. Someone tell Ken Hamlin that his rims were stolen again right before the game.
6. Someone give Gurode the wrong snap count each play, so hopefully he snaps it at the right time in spite of himself.

:laugh2:

Seriously, we need to run the ball effectively and get McNabb rattled early and often if we are going to win this one......

cmacch

Reaction score
links18;2516495 said:
1. Someone tell Garrett its OK to run the ball.
2. Someone tell Romo, when a play breaks down the best move isn't always to hurl it 60 yards down field to a double covered Owens.
3. Someone tell Romo its OK to run for a first down when there is nobody in front of you.
4. Someone tell Phillips that if you lose the game you lose your job, so things like fake punts, onside kicks and trick plays are called for in the right circumstances in this game.
5. Someone tell Ken Hamlin that his rims were stolen again right before the game.
6. Someone give Gurode the wrong snap count each play, so hopefully he snaps it at the right time in spite of himself.

:laugh2:

Seriously, we need to run the ball effectively and get McNabb rattled early and often if we are going to win this one......

I always wonder why this is hardly brought up in this forum. Romo scrambles out of the pocket up to the line of scrimmage and then just will not run for the first! Instead he tries to wail it down the field to T.O. who either doesn't even know it's coming or drops it. It happens at least 10 times per game. JUST GO FOR IT!

I think he's afraid to hurt his pinky again :laugh2:

csourk

Reaction score
The Barber/Choice combo has got to come through. Please JG, run the ball.

slogriff

Reaction score
cmacch;2516511 said:
I always wonder why this is hardly brought up in this forum. Romo scrambles out of the pocket up to the line of scrimmage and then just will not run for the first! Instead he tries to wail it down the field to T.O. who either doesn't even know it's coming or drops it. It happens at least 10 times per game. JUST GO FOR IT!

I think he's afraid to hurt his pinky again :laugh2:

This has been a big complaint of mine since the latter part of last year's season. So many times he could have simply tucked the ball, run 4-5 yds, get OOB or slide, get the 1st down and move the chains. Keeps drives going, reduce bad ints, and gives the defenses another weapon to have to worry about with our offense.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
One of Romo's biggest issues is that he always seems to want to make the big play, much like Favre. He is an all or nothing type of QB. Good and bad. He needs to learn that sometimes an incomplete pass or a three yard gain is a GOOD play. And yes, I've noticed many times that he could just tuck the ball away and run for a decent gain, but again, he's always looking for the homerun and it costs the team far too often.