Keys to the Off-Season at AT&T Stajum

ArtClink

Reaction score
This is a key off-season for American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) Stajum. While it is a great stadium experience (but not as good as Stars and Mavs games), there are enhancements and tweaks that can be made to better the fan experience. Below are some ideas.
  1. Fire the idiots in the end zones wearing black Cowboy hats. They act like morons. Fire these clowns and make this a leaner organization.
  2. Gather up all Rowdy costumes and set them on fire. Since Rowdy’s introduction in 1996, we have failed to reach the nfc championship game every year since. Rowdy = curse.
  3. Add more Jean Jones artwork since it’s about the only thing to be excited about.
  4. Add a second Sky Mirror at opposite end of the Stajum
  5. Use better looking supermodels in the Stajum’s Victoria Secret‘s “Jean Jones Jeans” ads since Jean Jones is looking long in the tooth
  6. Increase the size of the large video board. I loved it when it first came out, but then again I used to be impressed with a 32”, 720p tube tv years ago. The video board just doesn’t cut it anymore, esp for the majority of Cowboys fans.
  7. Introduce the owners box challenge flag bazooka to give Jerry the ability to throw a challenge flag from the convenience of his luxury box. It could also launch tshirts.
These are only a few ideas. What about yours?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is a key off-season for American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) Stajum. While it is a great stadium experience (but not as good as Stars and Mavs games), there are enhancements and tweaks that can be made to better the fan experience. Below are some ideas.
  1. Fire the idiots in the end zones wearing black Cowboy hats. They act like morons. Fire these clowns and make this a leaner organization.
  2. Gather up all Rowdy costumes and set them on fire. Since Rowdy’s introduction in 1996, we have failed to reach the nfc championship game every year since. Rowdy = curse.
  3. Add more Jean Jones artwork since it’s about the only thing to be excited about.
  5. Use better looking supermodels in the Stajum’s Victoria Secret‘s “Jean Jones Jeans” ads since Jean Jones is looking long in the tooth
  6. Increase the size of the large video board. I loved it when it first came out, but then again I used to be impressed with a 32”, 720p tube tv years ago. The video board just doesn’t cut it anymore, esp for the majority of Cowboys fans.
  7. Introduce the owners box challenge flag bazooka to give Jerry the ability to throw a challenge flag from the convenience of his luxury box. It could also launch tshirts.
If you get rid of Rowdy, 75% of Zoners will have to change their avatar. Maybe the CZ should get rid of that lame Rowdy avatar!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This entire post made me LOL several times. Well played Art! This place needs some good humor this time of year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let me clear up why it feels different at The Mavericks and stars games,

it's small, you're wrapped around a very little area there's maybe 15 to 20,000 people that come to those games and it feels a little bit more personal up close compared to what they fit in at 90,000 capacity or more at a Cowboys game...

It's gonna feel more corporate it's a larger space and by the way there's only 8 to 9 home games... Whereas in American Airlines Center there are like 45 games they have to be more unique and different each time you come or they try to mix it up Mayfield but did I read anywhere in there about the curtains I mean didn't you want curtains at it or something because that seems to be the only real problem there everything else and I've been there like 6 times for Cowboys games alone it's a very nice stadium it has a great tailgating and fans seem very happy there maybe it's the ones who actually don't go the ones that are protesting and don't want to give Jerry a dime of their money that hate the stadium but overall as a Arlington resident I was happy they built it here it's much easier to get in and out of and it's much nicer than the old Texas stadium with plumbing problems it was outdated it was in a bad spot to try to get in and out of so I'll take this over the Cotton Bowl or the old Texas stadium any day of the week...

Ohh so you think now rudy's the curse because we all sat in here or I should say you all with the ridiculous narrative that Jimmy Johnson not being in the Ring of Honor was a curse and yet somehow our season ended the same way so again with the curses can you stop?

Now granted I don't have any experience with anybody else's football stadiums except for high schools etcetera but I'm just telling you from personal experience to AT&T stadium is a very nice stadium...​

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

it's small, you're wrapped around a very little area there's maybe 15 to 20,000 people that come to those games and it feels a little bit more personal up close compared to what they fit in at 90,000 capacity or more at a Cowboys game...

It's gonna feel more corporate it's a larger space and by the way there's only 8 to 9 home games... Whereas in American Airlines Center there are like 45 games they have to be more unique and different each time you come or they try to mix it up Mayfield but did I read anywhere in there about the curtains I mean didn't you want curtains at it or something because that seems to be the only real problem there everything else and I've been there like 6 times for Cowboys games alone it's a very nice stadium it has a great tailgating and fans seem very happy there maybe it's the ones who actually don't go the ones that are protesting and don't want to give Jerry a dime of their money that hate the stadium but overall as a Arlington resident I was happy they built it here it's much easier to get in and out of and it's much nicer than the old Texas stadium with plumbing problems it was outdated it was in a bad spot to try to get in and out of so I'll take this over the Cotton Bowl or the old Texas stadium any day of the week...

Ohh so you think now rudy's the curse because we all sat in here or I should say you all with the ridiculous narrative that Jimmy Johnson not being in the Ring of Honor was a curse and yet somehow our season ended the same way so again with the curses can you stop?

Now granted I don't have any experience with anybody else's football stadiums except for high schools etcetera but I'm just telling you from personal experience to AT&T stadium is a very nice stadium...​
There are things I like about AT&T and a ton I don’t like. I do like the wider concourse areas which make it easier to get around. The sight lines are very good. Ive always been able to see the field very well from any seat. (I’ve seen two Cowboys games there, 4 college games, and probably 5-6 HS playoff games there)

What I don’t like about AT$T: It feels like a shopping mall instead of a football stadium. The fans are far away from the sidelines so they have less ability to harass the visitors. The way the field is laid out, with the glass at either end, late afternoon games make it hard for players to see. (Jerry puts the “beauty of the sunlight” above players ability to see) Every college and HS game I’ve seen played in the afternoon, curtains have been used.

Finally, the parking is the worst I’ve ever seen for any sports venue. Traffic before and after games is also very bad, which may be the City of Arlington’s fault because the roads to and from the stadium are always choked.

I’ve seen the Cowboys play at all three of their home stadiums over the years - the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. Texas Stadium was my favorite; AT&T my least favorite.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There are things I like about AT&T and a ton I don’t like. I do like the wider concourse areas which make it easier to get around. The sight lines are very good. Ive always been able to see the field very well from any seat. (I’ve seen two Cowboys games there, 4 college games, and probably 5-6 HS playoff games there)

What I don’t like about AT$T: It feels like a shopping mall instead of a football stadium. The fans are far away from the sidelines so they have less ability to harass the visitors. The way the field is laid out, with the glass at either end, late afternoon games make it hard for players to see. (Jerry puts the “beauty of the sunlight” above players ability to see) Every college and HS game I’ve seen played in the afternoon, curtains have been used.

Finally, the parking is the worst I’ve ever seen for any sports venue. Traffic before and after games is also very bad, which may be the City of Arlington’s fault because the roads to and from the stadium are always choked.

I’ve seen the Cowboys play at all three of their home stadiums over the years - the Cotton Bowl, Texas Stadium and AT&T. Texas Stadium was my favorite; AT&T my least favorite.
All that is very nice to get your opinion but I'm telling you I'm going to the old Texas stadium or Cotton Bowl in fair park AT&T is by far easier to get in and out of regardless there's always traffic getting into sports venues or I should say getting out of them getting in is easy I mean you can go at any time you want and it's all staggered but everyone leaving at the same time there are far more ways in direction to get out then there were in Irving there was one way in and one way out and you had to walk a long way to go over some of those bridges from the parking to get into the stadium it was horrible and if I have to remind you about fair park why don't you take a drive during the fair at its peak time and tell me how easy it is to make a right off second or whatever it is and head in there through that should I say questionable residential area you wouldn't wanna break down down in at night...LOL

so, like I said I don't go to any other professional sports football stadiums but I can tell you out of the three that I've been to AT&T is the easiest to get in and out of.... Maybe some of y'all don't remember Irving and how hard it was to get off 114 and 121 to get into the parking and out we're both horrible and the long walks etcetera I mean it was it was a bad experience I mean Texas stadium towards the end it was terrible too the bathrooms stunk and all this other stuff so I'll take the shopping mall experience and although I I feel like I have an advantage here because I no longer have to actually drive in and out I live 8 miles South of the stadium and I Uber up there... Leaving I usually walk down to maybe an eighth of a mile quarter mile South stopping to have a beer and wait on my Uber there much easier experience but still I've done both..

ArtClink

Reaction score

A fan experience is a fan's experience regardless of venue size. I saw my first Cowboys game as a kid with my dad and my older brother (@Bobhaze) in 1972 at Texas Stadium and it was a great experience!! Loved that old venue. The Stars and Mavs are the best Dallas area fan experience and it helps the ownership is dedicated to winning championships.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
  1. Gather up all Rowdy costumes and set them on fire. Since Rowdy’s introduction in 1996, we have failed to reach the nfc championship game every year since. Rowdy = curse.
z5C4vTs.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
other stadiums do similar things with the music starting at end of each play , which bothers me at home, I have to mute it.
Why do they do that?? I guess they are just morons. lol