Kicker...keep Suisham, dump Vandy

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
At least Suisham has the potential to get better. Vandy id dogging it...just a gut feeling. If they are both going to be sporadic at least go with the cheaper one with more upside!

proline

Reaction score
It's hard to say who to dump (if anyone right now). Haven't seen enough of Vandy to know what he's capable of, but Suisham had two bad plays, the missed FG and the poor onside kick. Vandy "probably" could have done a better job with the onside kick than Suisham did.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Is it possible to wait until Vandy has at least kicked in one regular season game for us before posting something this?

maxsports

Reaction score
We are in trouble if Suisham is our field goal kicker. You have to make field goals inside 40 yards

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Tass said:
At least Suisham has the potential to get better. Vandy id dogging it...just a gut feeling. If they are both going to be sporadic at least go with the cheaper one with more upside!

... that this proposition would end up being a double edged sword.

Young players always have upside, until you can stand it no longer as they stop developing.

If Vandy is doggin it, whew there goes the neighborhood! T.O. will be secretly smiling as all the heat has left his side of the street and passed onto Mike's. Also, there has to be someone in the front office who has to own up to the decision to bring in a football player who isn't interested in playing football.

One way or another Dallas will have to field a kicker on the team. Right now I would rather see what the team paid for in Vandy, if he's agreeable to the notion.

I do have one very strong opinion, until the front office decides to get very serious about the kicking positions this will be an area of the team that will continually hound us.

The forumites who think back to the dusty years of the 90's when the salary cap did not change the landscape of the NFL and hold onto the belief that only focussing on TDs will lead us to the promise land - well keep on dreaming.

The last three years have shown that the place kicker is playing an more integral part in the win/loss column than ever before. Not only are stats showing this, but also salaries of free agent kickers also.

Ignoring this position from the front office may doom your team to watching the Super Bowl from TV rather than the sidelines.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Isn't he already guaranteed his salary this season since he made the roster?? If so the cheaper argument is irrelevant until the season is over.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Isn't he already guaranteed his salary this season since he made the roster?? If so the cheaper argument is irrelevant until the season is over.

... the signing bonus is gone. That's why I want to see a kick. It's kind of like buying tickets to the theatre, then not going.

Hopefully he shows up when the curtain rises.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Tass said:
How many times do we need to see Suisham miss from 30+ yards out.If it isn't from 20-25 yards,it's an adventure with this guy.I don't really see us blowing alot of teams out,so we need Vanderjagt.Until Vanderjagt starts missing witth great regularity in the regular season,it would be crazy to get rid of him,especially for Suisham.I believe field goal wise,Cundiff is better than Suisham.