Kicker Value?

Cowchips

Reaction score
I was stunned that the Pat's could have franchised Vinitieri for $3,000,000 and chose to let him go.

It led me to ask, what is a kicker worth? I know he's only out on the field very few times in a game but Vinitieri's accuracy had a lot to do with the Pats 3 superbowl wins. Plus when you consider that the Cowboys would have been 12-4 or 13-3 with Vinitieri in the fold, how can a good kicker not be worth $3million!!

sago1

Reaction score
Don't know but Jones has strange ideas re worth. He didn't think LBs worth too much so he didn't pay to keep any good ones that we had. Now good LBs cost & price will go up as or teams move to 3-4.

Sames goes for kickers. Wonder what situation is at VR now that Vinatieri gone. Know they never had interest in signing him but it lessens our options plus now 4 teams (Dallas, NE, GB & Atlanta) competiting for very few left. Sure hope Cowboys have fall back positions; maybe Rosenhaus (Mare's agent) knows Mare will be cut or maybe we've already discussed Brown with Seattle or maybe Vanderjagt is fall back position. With Vin gone, Vanderjagt will be gone by end of week & his price just went up.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
sago1 said:
Don't know but Jones has strange ideas re worth. He didn't think LBs worth too much so he didn't pay to keep any good ones that we had. Now good LBs cost & price will go up as or teams move to 3-4.

Sames goes for kickers. Wonder what situation is at VR now that Vinatieri gone. Know they never had interest in signing him but it lessens our options plus now 4 teams (Dallas, NE, GB & Atlanta) competiting for very few left. Sure hope Cowboys have fall back positions; maybe Rosenhaus (Mare's agent) knows Mare will be cut or maybe we've already discussed Brown with Seattle or maybe Vanderjagt is fall back position. With Vin gone, Vanderjagt will be gone by end of week & his price just went up.

See all those teams had decent kickers last year that they lost. If Mare gets cut, that only means that MIA will be looking for a K too. It's like kicker musical chairs. Someone's gonna be stuck with a crap kicker, we were the odd man out last year. Unless there's someone they're looking at drafting, we better get on the ball JJ