Kim Herring released by the Bengals

lkelly

Reaction score
Loved Kim Herring as a college player (snappy dresser too), but he's been a disappointment as a pro. I didn't even realize he was still in the league. If he's our answer at FS, then we've really gotten desperate.

It's actually kind of strange for Dallas to leave such a gaping hole at a position before the draft. In the past few years they have tried to cover all bases to give them draft flexibility.

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
....but the true starter will come from the draft or in the form of Ty Law/Charles Woodson......i have a feeling it could happen!

I'm usually right with a lot of my prognostications over the years.....just be patient.

Bledsoe4MVP, please read the above quotes and the next time you get bent out of shape about being called Nors, refer to them :D

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
This guy is over 30 with injury issues for the last 3 years. Unless he would come here for the minimum I'd pass; he is just too risky for a sizeable contract of any kind. And if we did get him I'd still draft a FS for insurance; in fact HE would be the insurance for the guy we draft..

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I think we should go after him! He has had some injury issues the last few seasons but he is another veteran with superbowl experience and would be a solid option to fill our hole at safety. He would probably come cheap too.

We could still look at the draft, and this doesn't mean we have to forget about Ty Law or Charles Woodson either....The more options the better! :cool:

No thank you...

Eddie

Reaction score
Wow, this is funny.

Every single bum Safety who gets released is now a candidate for the Cowboys??? ***???

This guy is a bum who can't stay on the field. Why do we want him?

vicjagger

Reaction score
BP, being a Joisey guy and all, has always seemed to Like Penn Staters...

ConcreteBoy

Benched
Reaction score
Laws agent has said Law will play FS, but at his $ I'm not buying it here.
But to dismiss he's not an upgrade over Davis/Pile/Dixon/Scott is not all that smart either.

I'm drafting Ko Simpson and closing that book personally.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
Wow, this is funny.

Every single bum Safety who gets released is now a candidate for the Cowboys??? ***???

This guy is a bum who can't stay on the field. Why do we want him?

He has had injury problems the last few years, but that doesn't mean he's a bum. He was a big part of the raven's superbowl run in 2000....might have something left in the tank, and can't be any worse than keith davis.:confused:

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I'm usually right with a lot of my prognostications over the years.....just be patient. Law and Woodson might be looking for serious dough right now, but things will cool down soon, especially after the draft when teams draft young safeties and corners. They'll both realize they ain't getting a big payday and have to settle for much less if they want to continue their careers.

I'm don't know if I agree with your beriult assessment, we'll just have to see what happens....right now we are trying to win it all and need veterans and playmakers!
When did Law get that 10 million dollar contract last season, what after June, if anything someone will pay them what they want because who they wanted in the draft would be gone.....