King gives us no love

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Who's in, who's out

Don't expect major surprises in regular-season finale

Posted: Thursday December 29, 2005 3:01PM; Updated: Thursday December 29, 2005 3:07PM

Week 17 Matchups
1.gif

Sat. 4:30 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Denver (12-3) at San Diego (9-6)
The Chargers end an absolutely confounding season as one of the few teams in history, if not the only one, to beat the best three teams in football (in some eyes, that's what Indy, New England and Denver are) and not make the playoffs.
San Diego 22, Denver 17

Sat. 8 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
New York (10-5) at Oakland (4-11)
New Year's Eve, 5 o'clock local start, the Black Hole. End of a disappointing season for the men in black. Lots of time to get to the parking lots early, put on the armor and war paint, and drink very heavily. All I can say to the Giants is this: Wear your helmets from the time you leave the hotel to the time you board the charter home.
New York Giants 27, Oakland 20

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Arizona (5-10) at Indianapolis (13-2)
Lots of garbage-time points in the second half. Peyton Manning leads three scoring drives in the first 20 minutes, then exits.
Indianapolis 30, Arizona 16

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Carolina (10-5) at Atlanta (8-7)
Strange to see it end this way. So ignominiously. The Falcons had such high hopes. You know what so many people will remember about this season? The sight of Mike Vick, bundled up in his parka, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but on the sidelines of a frigid Soldier Field a couple of weeks ago. That's not what you want to see from your leader.
Carolina 28, Atlanta 10

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Cincinnati (11-4) at Kansas City (9-6)
I know no one's really focusing on numbers right now, but in less than two months, since Nov. 6, Larry Johnson has rushed for 1,044 yards. Imagine averaging 149 yards a game. Absurd!
Kansas City 23, Cincinnati 21

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Buffalo (5-10) at New York (3-12)
Speaking of coaches getting new lives after wins in meaningless games, welcome to your new lease on life, Mike Mularkey. You're got one more year to turn this ship around.
Buffalo 20, New York Jets 10

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Detroit (5-10) at Pittsburgh (10-5)
How fitting, Steelers score 36 in what we all assume is the last regular-season game in the glorious career of No. 36. Or as the bizarrely irreverent Myron Cope once said: "That Jerome Bettis! He's no head of lettuce!"
Pittsburgh 36, Detroit 6

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Baltimore (6-9) at Cleveland (5-10)
Steve Bisciotti sidles up to Brian Billick after the game and says: "You're my coach in 2006, big boy. And let's keep Kyle Boller around another year. I think he's getting the hang of it."
Baltimore 23, Cleveland 20

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
New Orleans (3-12) at Tampa Bay (10-5)
The Jim Haslett Era, mercilessly, is over in New Orleans, or Baton Rouge, or San Antonio, or wherever this team is a year from now.
Tampa Bay 17, New Orleans 3

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Seattle (13-2) at Green Bay (3-12)
Brett Favre would really like to win this game. Seattle would really like to get out of Dodge healthy.
Green Bay 22, Seattle 17

Sun. 1 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Miami (8-7) at New England (10-5)
I can't see the Patriots mortgaging the farm to play a relatively insignificant game when it's quite possible this beat-up team that will have to start the playoffs on a short week the following Saturday night. And I see the Dolphins wanting this game very badly to finish over .500.
Miami 17, New England 9

Sun. 4:05 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Houston (2-13) at San Francisco (3-12)
Reggie Bush takes time from his Rose Bowl preparation to find a TV with this game on it. When it's over, he turns to Matt Leinart and says: "Don't make me go there, Matt. Please don't make me go to Houston."
San Francisco 19, Houston 13

Sun. 4:05 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Tennessee (4-11) at Jacksonville (11-4)
Is it my imagination, or do the Jags and Titans play each other seven times a year? Every time I look up they're playing. And have you noticed it's never in the game of the week?
Jacksonville 13, Tennessee 10

Sun. 4:15 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Chicago (11-4) at Minnesota (8-7)
Not that anyone cares.
Minnesota 17, Chicago 16

Sun. 4:15 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
Washington (9-6) at Philadelphia (6-9)
Joe Gibbs is back in the Big Dance. He's not pleased to be going back to Tampa, site of the Did-Mike-Alstott-Really-Get-In-On-That-Two-Point-Conversion-Run Bowl on Nov. 13, but he'd probably be less pleased if he had to go to the Meadowlands.
Washington 40, Philadelphia 16

Sun. 8:30 p.m. ET
Preview | Matchup
St. Louis (5-10) at Dallas (9-6)
I don't believe historians will treat the Joe Vitt Era kindly.
Dallas 31, St. Louis 6

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
sbuscha said:
I meant play off love...
Thinks we'll miss the playoffs = no love?

Hey, it's our fault we are on the outside looking in not his.

Hiero

Reaction score
Never liked this guy anyways. but 31-6 sounds about right to me.

Hiero

Reaction score
Hostile said:

more specifically jose cortez/billy cundiff/keith davis/OL fault.

Mansta54

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Right...

Why would he?

The odds are stack against us...

- Mike G.

The odds aren't that much against us. The teams we need to lose are on the road against division rivals and we are home against a very weak Rams team. I like our chances. Our odds aren't as bad as you think.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Right...

Why would he?

The odds are stack against us...

- Mike G.

Are they? We need a road loss by either the Panthers or Skins -- both are playing division rivals. I'd say we've got a decent shot to go into the Rams game controlling our fate.

Mansta54

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Are they? We need a road loss by either the Panthers or Skins -- both are playing division rivals. I'd say we've got a decent shot to go into the Rams game controlling our fate.

I couldn't agree more. We have a very good shot at this thing..

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Hope his prediction on the score is correct, but I can't see us holding the Rams to only 6 points. We couldn't keep San Fran under 30 points and their offense sucks

Hiero

Reaction score
GTaylor said:
Hope his prediction on the score is correct, but I can't see us holding the Rams to only 6 points. We couldn't keep San Fran under 30 points and their offense sucks
the san fran game was the beginning of the season, our defense has improved over the year especially with all the rookies we have here.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
Hiero said:
the san fran game was the beginning of the season, our defense has improved over the year especially with all the rookies we have here.

Unfortunately our weaknesses are still pretty much the same - susceptible to the long ball and inconsistency on getting a pass rush going.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I love the enthisiasm here guys but...

Carolina is playing the Falcons. Falcons are out of the playoffs and really have nothing to lose. The Michael Vick gives them the best chance to win and with his style of play, may not even play the entire game. Plus there is this little fact that the Panthers already whoooped em.

Washington is playing Philly

I wont even insult your intelligence in trying to convince you why Washington shouldnt all but annihilate the Eagles.

If I am a sports writer, I say Dallas goes home too when looking at these two games.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Roger that......it is our fault!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I love the enthisiasm here guys but...

Carolina is playing the Falcons. Falcons are out of the playoffs and really have nothing to lose. The Michael Vick gives them the best chance to win and with his style of play, may not even play the entire game. Plus there is this little fact that the Panthers already whoooped em.

Washington is playing Philly

I wont even insult your intelligence in trying to convince you why Washington shouldnt all but annihilate the Eagles.

If I am a sports writer, I say Dallas goes home too when looking at these two games.

Washington is 3-4 on the road and that includes the game agaisnt us they had no business winning. Carolina is 4-3 on the road. Both Atlanta and Philthy are 4-3 at home.

Throw into it that both are divisional games on the road its not quite so clear cut.

Our odds are better than 50-50 that one of Washington and Carolina loses.