Kiper never fails

bobtheflob

Reaction score
Mel Kiper had a chat today about the draft. I wrote a question asking that since Jason Allen failed his physical, who do you have the Cowboys taking now. Then I asked about Lawson. Of course, he took the question that didn't make him think on his feet so he could just regurgitate his mock draft (which was pretty much all he did the entire chat).

Rick, Toledo: How long do the Cowboys wait until they draft a DB?

Mel Kiper: I think they go in the first round. I have them getting Jason Allen. I have them taking a safety, in the second McNeil. In the third getting Charlie Whitehurst. But they could take an OLB in the first round.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Allen of course will not be the pick now.......I am still hope for Manny Lawson.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
Mel Kiper had a chat today about the draft. I wrote a question asking that since Jason Allen failed his physical, who do you have the Cowboys taking now. Then I asked about Lawson. Of course, he took the question that didn't make him think on his feet so he could just regurgitate his mock draft (which was pretty much all he did the entire chat).

Mel Kiper: I think they go in the first round. I have them getting Jason Allen. I have them taking a safety, in the second McNeil. In the third getting Charlie Whitehurst. But they could take an OLB in the first round.
It probably wasn't even him just someone retyping what he's already said.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
bobtheflob said:

:laugh2:

Who the hell is Mel Kiper anyways?

Duane

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
It probably wasn't even him just someone retyping what he's already said.
Or maybe the Brill Cream finally seeped into his brain and short circuited it. Mel, a little dab will do ya. :D

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why in the world go after a DB in the 1st round when we already have T-New and Henry? Why not go after a "Davis replacement?"... I'd rather go LB myself.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Mel is really a very weak mock draft guy and I think most of his sources are on the college level, not on the pro level. I think he's got the type of TV skills that ESPN looks for and that's why he's their drafting expert.

It appears he has some legit heat with Merrill Hoge as he's had heated arguments with him last year and now this season with Matt Leinart and Vince Young.

To Hoge's credit, last year they debated heavily about Mike Williams whom Hoge didn't think was worth being a first rounder and Kiper thought he might be the best player in the draft.

How do you say?

owned.jpg

Rich....................
every year Kiper has safeties and non-pass rushing LB's going high, only to see them go in the second day or not get drafted at all. You'd think he'd learn by now.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
SteveOS said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why in the world go after a DB in the 1st round when we already have T-New and Henry? Why not go after a "Davis replacement?"... I'd rather go LB myself.

From the sounds of it, things are getting mistaken here. According to Jones, he really said that he would probably rather take a CB in the first round and move somebody like Henry to FS.............over taking a FS in the first round.

So I interpreted it as Jerrah not committing to any position in the draft, but more or less saying that if it came down to drafting a FS or a CB, he'd take a CB.

Anyway, by going after a CB, they could move Henry to FS where he has played before. He's 29 years old this year and with the development of Jacques Reeves, if you got a very good CB in the first round you could have a CB corp of Newman, Reeves, and the new CB for easily the next 5 seasons.

Still, I'm almost 100% certain they'll go after OLB in the first round.

Rich.........

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
every year Kiper has safeties and non-pass rushing LB's going high, only to see them go in the second day or not get drafted at all. You'd think he'd learn by now.

Didn't he also have a mock draft with 10 DBs going in the first a few weeks ago?

What I find amazing about him is that he pops players up and down, in and out of his board and will take someone from nowhere to number one based on a whim. It is almost like he doesn't watch all the games he says he does. On one hand he dismisses workouts, then turns right around and jacks up a player 10 spots in his mock after he runs a good 40.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
kiper is an alien and doesnt deserve to speak about draft day! hes no expert, his brain is infected by devils. allen was never a 1st round prospect, IMO. always saw him being gone sometime in the second, but now he will drop more and we will still seize him with the bengals 3rd round pick.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Didn't he also have a mock draft with 10 DBs going in the first a few weeks ago?

What I find amazing about him is that he pops players up and down, in and out of his board and will take someone from nowhere to number one based on a whim. It is almost like he doesn't watch all the games he says he does. On one hand he dismisses workouts, then turns right around and jacks up a player 10 spots in his mock after he runs a good 40.

:hammer:

To me it appears that he gets most of his information from talking to college assistant coaches and such. If you look at what he has for top 100 players and compare it to Gosselin's, it's vastly different with Gosselin having superb accuracy. Since it's common knowledge that Gosselin gets his information from pro scouts, you could logically deduct that Kiper doesn't......or the scouts he talks to are on crack.

Rich.....