28. Dallas- DeSean Jackson, WR Cal
29. San Fran- Jerod Mayo, LB Tenn
30. Green Bay- Brandon Flowers, CB Virg Tech
31. NYG- Tyrell Johnson, S Ark St.

Here are the Cowboys other picks:

61. Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
92. Craig Steltz, S LSU
126. Andre' Woodson, QB Kentucky

There is no combination of players you could choose at #22, #28, #61 that will make everyone happy. If Chris Long, Jake Long, and DMAC slid down to #22,#28,#61. Someone would still disagree with the picks. That's just the way it is. If you don't believe it post your picks for #22,#26,#61 and get ready to get blasted.

JPM

Reaction score
tomson75;2035587 said:
Scouts Inc. - 18th
nfldraftscouts - 13th
walterfootball - 14th
footballsfuture - 14th
james alder - 14th
rivals.com -25th
nfldraftblitz - 12th

...and I guarantee you all of these mocks had him going way later as little as one month ago.

....I'm still looking for another one where he's in the top ten.
The huddle (free mock) has him going #7.
http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/freemockdraft.shtml

DFWJC

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035502 said:
Come'on!

Felix Jones available at #61? Give me a break.

Wow...this one is pretty sad. The Cowboys taking Mario at 28 is nuts, Felix at 61 is almost impossible, Rice and Johnson later than Rd 2 is improbable, Lawrence Jackson at 26 seems high, Stewart at 36 seems low too.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
romo#9;2035636 said:
There is no combination of players you could choose at #22, #28, #61 that will make everyone happy. If Chris Long, Jake Long, and DMAC slid down to #22,#28,#61. Someone would still disagree with the picks. That's just the way it is. If you don't believe it post your picks for #22,#26,#61 and get ready to get blasted.

I'm pretty sure that if McFadden, Jake Long, and Chris Long fell to us at those spots, the consensus would border on orgasm. I'd ban myself if I dissented from the majority.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2035498 said:
What did Kipers mock draft look like before last years draft?.........Anybody?

Like most, he was very accurate in the guys who were gone in the first 20 picks, just not the right teams after the top part.

For what it's worth...Brandon Albert is being looked at by many as a guy who could be the 2nd best LT in the draft despite playing OG for VA.

JPM

Reaction score
tomson75;2035643 said:
Well there ya go!

It still doesn't make it the "majority"...or any smarter for that matter.
You asked for another site and I found one. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just posting it.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne motley;2035678 said:
Like most, he was very accurate in the guys who were gone in the first 20 picks, just not the right teams after the top part.

For what it's worth...Brandon Albert is being looked at by many as a guy who could be the 2nd best LT in the draft despite playing OG for VA.

I agree. I am one of the VERY few that actually don't mind Kiper. He knows the players fairly but he doesn't project where they will land very well at all.

He needs to do better in the area of team needs IMO, but he has a pretty good handle on the players coming out.....it's very chic and easy to make fun of the guy but I have no real problem with him overall.

There are better. There are A LOT worser.

IMO/FWIW.

Carry on.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
JPM;2035878 said:
You asked for another site and I found one. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just posting it.

I know....I did not mean to sound condescending. My bad.

This whole Albert thing cracks me up though. I've watched him on numerous occasions...sometimes against my will it seems. He's an outstanding player, but by no means a top 5 pick. His sudden rise is quite startling for what is essentially a guard...and I have a feeling those that are defending Kiper here have little or no experience with the player to base "their" opinion on.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
tomson75;2035933 said:
I know....I did not mean to sound condescending. My bad.

This whole Albert thing cracks me up though. I've watched him on numerous occasions...sometimes against my will it seems. He's an outstanding player, but by no means a top 5 pick. His sudden rise is quite startling for what is essentially a guard...and I have a feeling those that are defending Kiper here have little or no experience with the player to base "their" opinion on.

All I was saying was Kiper was being blasted for having Albert as a top pick and all indications are that come draft day Albert will go very high. That's all that matters when it comes to critiquing useless mock drafts.