Kiwi in the 3-4

Bizwah

Reaction score
Does Matthias Kiwanuka fit the 3-4 at all?

I think this guy will fall and possibly be around when we pick at 18.

I don't think he's big enough to be a 3-4 end....I also have concerns about him being a OLB.

I haven't seen much of him.

Does he fit at all?

MiStar

Reaction score
He could play OLB. That being said, I think he is a mediocre prospect at best, and there are at least 10 other guys that I would rather have at OLB in the 3-4 and there are about 10 other guys that I'd rather have as a DE in a 4-3.

He has absolutely no business being a 3-4 DE.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Everyone would have been creaming their pants at a shot at Kiwi last year at this time with the 18th pick, and now he's just mediocre. After 40 career sacks in college football's 2nd toughest conference.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Everyone would have been creaming their pants at a shot at Kiwi last year at this time with the 18th pick, and now he's just mediocre. After 40 career sacks in college football's 2nd toughest conference.

Things happen. A couple of years ago, Antaaj Hawthorne looked like an absolute beast in the middle for Wisconsin. He ended up plummeting to the 6th.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I'm a big Kiwi fan - I think he is, though, at this point, high risk just as much as high reward. If we were in a different defensive setting and playing our more traditional 4-3 front from years past, and we were as good as we are now, then he would be worth the risk.

But I don't see how he would fit on this team - he is no tweener like Ware or Merriman - he is a pure 3 point pass rusher. And he is too small to play 3-4 end - he'd get swallowed by the guard in the interior.

This is a true 7-gap rusher and will stay that way - his success in the NFL kind of depends on who takes him/if he can stay healthy and if all that raw talent we saw his junior season returns to him.