Know the true story before you comment on cowboyjoe's comment

rester

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;4393298 said:
What does this have to do with cowboyjoe?

http://i1205.***BLOCKED***/albums/bb435/Clause389/sigqn-1.jpg

what does this have to do with you ?

cowboylarry

Reaction score
There's only one cowboylarry. I've been debating with cowboyjoe for 12 years about the system that Jerry Jones started and is now outdated! Lack of trading or the art of letting players go without paying them large amount of money. Keeping coaches that are behind in techniques of the times. Jerry is too loyal to those that are yes men. Better to question the way you handle the game. Instead of agreeing with the boss to stay on his good side. Also how to build momentum to win, that nobody can beat us in Nov., Dec., Jan., and Superbowl. I'm not going to bring up the past ways that Landry, or Jimmy Johnson got to the Superbowl. Now change is the answer. We better find it quick. I was told those that don't take the time to look at yourself never learn and always make the same mistakes. Glad to be a fan! A team is like family you grow together, you teach each other, you bring up a member when their down with love and support. But a GM and the head coach are like a father, to keep them safe and guide them correctly to complete the goal.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
cowboylarry;4393326 said:
That's why I call myself Larry! :D

But I'm Larry, and I'll bet I've been Larry longer than you have...

In fact, you're probably not a Larry at all, you're probably a Lawrence... not me, baby, it reads Larry on the birth certificate...

Therefore, since I have seniority, and am actually, officially a Larry, I DEMAND that you stop using my name forthwith... that said, I am willing to work out a reasonable royalty fee to allow you to still post under that name...

:D

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;4393346 said:
I'm envisioning a scene where a guy tries to woo his sweetheart while his pal feeds him lines from the bushes.

Cyrano de Bergerac reference, for the illiterate... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
cowboylarry;4393647 said:
There's only one cowboylarry. I've been debating with cowboyjoe for 12 years about the system that Jerry Jones started and is now outdated! Lack of trading or the art of letting players go without paying them large amount of money. Keeping coaches that are behind in techniques of the times. Jerry is too loyal to those that are yes men. Better to question the way you handle the game. Instead of agreeing with the boss to stay on his good side. Also how to build momentum to win, that nobody can beat us in Nov., Dec., Jan., and Superbowl. I'm not going to bring up the past ways that Landry, or Jimmy Johnson got to the Superbowl. Now change is the answer. We better find it quick. I was told those that don't take the time to look at yourself never learn and always make the same mistakes. Glad to be a fan! A team is like family you grow together, you teach each other, you bring up a member when their down with love and support. But a GM and the head coach are like a father, to keep them safe and guide them correctly to complete the goal.

You're kidding, right??

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
silverbear;4393696 said:
Cyrano de Bergerac reference, for the illiterate... :D

Really?

I thought it was that Steve Martin movie where he played the role of a fireman with a big nose.

silverbear

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4393700 said:
Really?

I thought it was that Steve Martin movie where he played the role of a fireman with a big nose.

You mean the one where he came up with 20 better nose insults??

I have to admit, he had me ROTF when he got to singing "he's got the whole world/in his nose"...

Heathens... I'm surrounded by heathens...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboylarry;4393290 said:
Jerry Jones has been in control of the team ever since 93, when Jerry Jones took some control away from Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy Johnson said that you could look at the contract between himself and Jerry Jones, stating to the effect that Jimmy had full control of the team, trades and cuts. With Jerry Jones as GM we will never go anywhere, will just be the Jerry Jones spin to appease us fans. Just look at 96 season and since, which the Dallas Cowboys only have won 2 playoffs games with Jerry in control, that says it all right there.

I told you guys that Jason Garrett wasn't the right coach for the Dallas Cowboys, and that coach wade was the right coach for the cowboys, even if it took 10 years for wade to win his way (total control) but the players gave up on wade, the defensive players couldn't learn defensive schemes, but had to scale down for players to play, always excuses but no accountability, because Jerry Jones has his style of culture for this team ever since Jimmy Johnson left and you all have seen the results. Even most of the fans were down on wade from day 1 and even the media. And I tried to tell you that Jason Garrett isn't a head coach, let alone even a offensive coordinator or good play caller. Jason Garrett needs an offensive coordinator.

You cant have 3 brothers(family-Jason Garrett-Judd Garrett and John Garrett and father at times or Wade Phillips and Wes Phillips in 2010, or Jerry Jones and his whole family running things)this type of system fails more times than it works with family running a football team. You need top professionals for any football organization, coaching spot. Example, why are we waiting to hire another defensive back coach, while the good coaches are being signed now, so it seems like the cowboys are dragging their feet again, so why is this still in a waiting progress unless the cowboys are waiting till after super bowl or senior bowl where all coaches without a job come to senior bowl with their resumes looking for work. Even Jerry Jones alluded to this when he said the coaching staff wouldn't be finalized till 3 weeks or so, which basically the week of senior bowl now.

The NFL draft by the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones in control is the cowboys getting a bargain instead of getting good players that we really need, via the nfl draft or free agency.

Reason why I stated that I wanted the Giants to win was because on NFL TV all week long they were hitting me with the catch from the 49ers who i cant stand, and the patriots beating us this year. So, basically I wanted a team that could beat the Patriots in the superbowl. I cant stand the 49ers, or steelers or packers or 49ers. And I wanted the cowboys to get totally mad and man up, be accountable, and if that means this gets shoved in your face so be it, till cowboys players man up and get mad as I do, not just be content like Jerry Jones has the culture and just maybe could be's just play through the game with little emotion or accountability. I want winners!
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/General%20Gifs/family-guy-021207-18.gif

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
silverbear;4393701 said:
You mean the one where he came up with 20 better nose insults??

I have to admit, he had me ROTF when he got to singing "he's got the whole world/in his nose"...

Heathens... I'm surrounded by heathens...

For whatever reason, Daryl Hannah never appealed to me.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4393700 said:
Really?

Love that movie! :)