Knowing the way JJ just loves

rags747

Reaction score
star power which OLB do you think he prefers out of the usual suspects?

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
I think JJ prefers Manny Lawson.

Bill Parcells (the one who matters in this case) prefers Carpenter.

MiStar

Reaction score
Lawson. In fact, I remember hearing rumors last year about how Bill wanted Merriman, but Jerry was enamored with Ware.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I hate to use this word, but Jerry loves the "sexy" players..So I say Lawson..

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I hate to use this word, but Jerry loves the "sexy" players..So I say Lawson..

eww...you think Lawson is sexy!!:laugh2:

:D Just Kidding. I totally agree

ddh33

Reaction score
Bill wanted Ware. I don't think there's any question about that. Those rumors that he might not have came later, and they didn't seem to have much credibility. It was more of the same old "Jerry and Bill disagree! This is the end" stuff.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Wow. Anyone who thinks that JJ would superimpose his will over BP on the choice of a linebacker is freaking out of their mind.

sago1

Reaction score
After the Cowboys selected Spears with their 2nd first round pick, ESPN cut to Dallas where they interviewed Parcells & Jones. During that conversation, one of them said Parcells wanted Ware & Jones wanted Spears so they decided Ware wouldn't last til 20th pick and went with Ware first; then luckily Spears was there when our 20th picks rolled around and we grabbed him. That was straight from the horses mouth. I heard it/saw it myself cause I was glued to the tv for the whole draft process. Any rumor to the contrary is totally wrong.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
sago1 said:
After the Cowboys selected Spears with their 2nd first round pick, ESPN cut to Dallas where they interviewed Parcells & Jones. During that conversation, one of them said Parcells wanted Ware & Jones wanted Spears so they decided Ware wouldn't last til 20th pick and went with Ware first; then luckily Spears was there when our 20th picks rolled around and we grabbed him. That was straight from the horses mouth. I heard it/saw it myself cause I was glued to the tv for the whole draft process. Any rumor to the contrary is totally wrong.
I also remember JJ saying he wanted Canty in the 3rd, but BP told him to be patient.. And JJ said something to the tone of, (and i'm paraphrasing) i'm glad Canty was there, or it would have been a heated situation there...And laughed.