Kornheiser is a Nut (with affection)

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
"Sometimes luck can make a pretty good team into a very good team. Take a peek at the rest of the Washington Commanders' schedule: the Raiders and Chargers, flying 3,000 miles to get here, with coaches who were fired here. That has to be an uncomfortable situation for Norv Turner and Marty Schottenheimer. Hey, here's a neat way to make it even more uncomfortable: Let the Danny personally meet their team buses when they pull into FedEx and hand them a family coupon pack for Six Flags. That's two W's right there."

:lmao2:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/07/AR2005110701399.html

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
"Sometimes luck can make a pretty good team into a very good team. Take a peek at the rest of the Washington Commanders' schedule: the Raiders and Chargers, flying 3,000 miles to get here, with coaches who were fired here. That has to be an uncomfortable situation for Norv Turner and Marty Schottenheimer. Hey, here's a neat way to make it even more uncomfortable: Let the Danny personally meet their team buses when they pull into FedEx and hand them a family coupon pack for Six Flags. That's two W's right there."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/07/AR2005110701399.html
Hilarious :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: I wish I hadn't read that snitbit. I just ate lunch now tummy hurts from laughing.

Gordon

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
He's saying the Skins are going to beat the Chargers?

Wow.

Not completely out of the question. It is @Washington and SD has shown a lot of incosistency this year.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Not completely out of the question. It is @Washington and SD has shown a lot of incosistency this year.

Not outside the realm of possibility. But I would be shocked.

Henry

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Commanders are the luckiet team in the NFL for 05 season

Yeah, getting Denver and KC at home sure was lucky ...

Oh wait, that's not us. That's you all.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Henry said:

It all balances out. You guys weren't on the road 3 of the first 4 weeks of the season either.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Henry said:

Right but having to go play 3 games on the west coast, in 4 weeks isnt lucky?

Zman5

Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:

Ha ha.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
When Washington played Seattle they won because the Hawks missed a field goal. Cowboys lost because Seattle's kicker was perfect against us including a 50 yarder.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Henry said:

Getting all four west coast teams at home this year was very lucky. You also have Tampa, St. Louis, Arizona, and Philly (at the end of the year when they'll have nothing to play for) on the road in the second half as opposed to having all three division opponents and Carolina on the road in the second half.

Reaction score
Losing to the Giants 36-0 isn't very lucky either...wish our so called luck appeared at that game.

Also if we always get breaks in the Denver game how the hell do you call clearly a safety not a safety and cost us the game?

It all evens out.

Henry

Reaction score
AtlCB said:
Getting all four west coast teams at home this year was very lucky.

You'd rather play KC on the road than Oakland?

You'd rather play Denver on the road than San Fran?

You have GOT to be kidding me. Denver and KC are probably the two toughest venues in all of football. And you don't have to play in either of them this year. That is lucky.

You also have Tampa, St. Louis, Arizona, and Philly (at the end of the year when they'll have nothing to play for) on the road in the second half as opposed to having all three division opponents and Carolina on the road in the second half.

And ... let me make sure I've got this straight: We are the luckiest team of the 05 season because ... you eventually have to play some division games on the road this year? Gosh, who knew the Commanders had it so good! :rolleyes:

The reason you have such a tough schedule over the last eight games is because you got Arizona, San Fran, Oakland and three home division games over the first eight, while we played six teams that are now 5-3 or better, another that's 4-4, and of our three division games two were on the road.

Strangely, we have the same record. Must be all that luck.

AtlCB

Reaction score
Henry said:

You have GOT to be kidding me. Denver and KC are probably the two toughest venues in all of football. And you don't have to play in either of them this year. That is lucky.
That's funny how you picked the two weaker teams on the west coast to make your point. Did you think I wouldn't catch that? How about asking would you rather play Denver and Kansas City on the road or Seattle and San Diego?

Also, I would rather play Kansas City on the road than Oakland.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Henry said:

And ... let me make sure I've got this straight: We are the luckiest team of the 05 season because ... you eventually have to play some division games on the road this year? Gosh, who knew the Commanders had it so good! :rolleyes:

The reason you have such a tough schedule over the last eight games is because you got Arizona, San Fran, Oakland and three home division games over the first eight, while we played six teams that are now 5-3 or better, another that's 4-4, and of our three division games two were on the road.

Strangely, we have the same record. Must be all that luck.

So sand diego and seattle on the road are easy?

And the last time i checked you beat seattle on a missed FG by them, they win on two 50 yarders in the rain, on us.

And did you check to see that we play 3 north divsional games, on the road, in december and november, you know when it's cold, wet and the conditions are horrifc?

And the last time i checked the only reason you have such a good record, is because of a missed FG, two hailmary passes, San Fran, and a beaten eagles team. Oh let's not forget the bears who was playing thier first game of the season, with a rookie QB.

But right we're the lucky ones?

Henry

Reaction score
Spin away guys. I'm arguing with the guy that claimed we were the luckiest team in the league. Have we gotten SOME luck? Sure. So has every team. Didn't we have to face the Cowboys on their 'Triplets get into the Ring of Honor' night, and the Giants on their 'Wellington Mara Memorial' game? Didn't Chicago get us before we'd established Brunell as our starter? Don't you get the 'beaten Eagles' team this week? Didn't a fumble at the one preserve a Dallas victory over the Giants?

We can compare favorable bounces all day long, but the simple fact is that to date the collective record of the teams we've played on the road is 22-10.

for Dallas, it's 16-17.

At home our opponents are 17-15. Same for Dallas.

Doesn't seem like we're getting the lion's share of luck to me. That's all I'm saying.