Video: Kris Richard: Sacks Are Going To Come In Bunches

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I would like to see Quinn put more of his athleticism and power on display. Just to mix things up a bit. Because seems like most of his pass rushes against Miami were just speed rushes.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Richard is all sunshine and rainbows. Feels like he’s pumping the team’s tires through the media. Probably the right thing to do with a young team but it makes it difficult for me to trust his answers.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Richard is all sunshine and rainbows. Feels like he’s pumping the team’s tires through the media. Probably the right thing to do with a young team but it makes it difficult for me to trust his answers.
Never trust any coach talking to the media.....ever.
Coaches don't care about truth, fans, or media. It’s not their job to provide fans with honesty. Their job is to prepare the team and win games....period, and everything a coach does or says should only be about the team, not about fans wanting accurate information.

Carson

Reaction score
I mean, not to be Debbie Downer, but last week was the week we were supposed to get tons of sacks. We had a few. Opposing lines get better

Last edited:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think it’s an accident that when Quinn came the defense had 3 sacks.

If team averages 3 sacks/game the rest of the way that’d give them 44 for the year which is certainly acceptable.

Yea ........ I greatly underestimated how much we would miss Gregory.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t care about a bunch of sacks against crappy team when we are up by 3 scores. I want consistent pressure that results in poor decisions by the QB. I want sacks on key downs late in games. All I see is 4 DL hand fighting with 5 OL and getting some occasional pressure. It’s not nearly good enough and it’s because the scheme and playcalling is way too passive. There is no aggressiveness at all. We have good man cover CBs. How hard is it on 3rd and long to bump every wr and TE at the line, disrupt the timing of their routes, and send LVE or a safety after the QB?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We just had three sacks, I’d say it’s happening already...

JBond

Reaction score
Lol...

Why show anything against cupcakes? The Defense has been playing strait up. Very few stunts, blitzes etc. There was no need for it.

Qcard

Reaction score
Marinelli must be filming Rambo Last Blood...
Hopefully they kick him up to the booth on game day.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to see Quinn put more of his athleticism and power on display. Just to mix things up a bit. Because seems like most of his pass rushes against Miami were just speed rushes.

Speed is obviously his main tool, but I noticed last week that he had some maneuvers to fight through once the OT made contact. That was always the problem when we had Anthony Spencer opposite D-Ware. Spencer had a great 1st step and could use his speed to get some depth, but once the OT made contact he was unable to fight through.

Last edited: