Lack of hitting/tackling in training camp showed last night

daboys79

Reaction score
All the face masks penalties, missed tackles & players not wrapping up trying to deliever the big hit has alot to do with not tackling in training camp imo. I have never seen so many face mask penalties & players not wrapping up in one game in my life. I doubt Wade Phillips will address it with the team because "The defense played great"

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Other than the facemasks, I'd like an example of some missed tackles. Do you really think that had the Cowboys been hitting harder in camp that Donovan McNabb would still not have eluded some of those sacks? How about the instances where Spears shot through the line and stopped Westbrook dead in his tracks for a loss, should he have hit him harder and made it more of a loss?

Everson24

Reaction score
daboys79 is right. We did miss a lot of tackles. We should have had Westbrook and McNabb for minimal gains or even losses but we slipped too many tackles. This is something that needs to be addressed right away or it will cost us some winable games.

I hate to always use the Steelers as an example but watch the way they tackle on Sunday against Philly and you will see what we mean.