LaDainian Tomlinson's father dies in traffic accident

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
[SIZE=-1]05:05 PM CST on Friday, February 23, 2007

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Associated Press[/SIZE] WACO – The father of NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson was killed Friday when the pickup truck in which he was riding blew a tire and flipped on a highway.
Oliver Tomlinson, 71, was killed at about 1:30 p.m. in the one-vehicle rollover, said Charlie Morgan, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman.
The driver, Ronald C. McClain was rushed by ambulance to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition, Morgan said. The 48-year-old McClain is believed to be a relative of Tomlinson's, Morgan said.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow ...... LT's dad was old ...

all my prayers will be with his family tonight

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
[SIZE=-1]05:05 PM CST on Friday, February 23, 2007

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Associated Press[/SIZE] WACO – The father of NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson was killed Friday when the pickup truck in which he was riding blew a tire and flipped on a highway.
Oliver Tomlinson, 71, was killed at about 1:30 p.m. in the one-vehicle rollover, said Charlie Morgan, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman.
The driver, Ronald C. McClain was rushed by ambulance to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition, Morgan said. The 48-year-old McClain is believed to be a relative of Tomlinson's, Morgan said.

Sad news. Our prayer's to LT and his family.

Rocky

Reaction score
Bummer. Sorry to hear this news. Always check your tire pressure to ensure you have the proper pressure, and check for wear routinely.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Rocky;1389290 said:
Bummer. Sorry to hear this news. Always check your tire pressure to ensure you have the proper pressure, and check for wear routinely.

.............and don't buy firestones.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Man, that sucks. He must be a good man. He raised one heck of a good son.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
LaDanian Tomlinson's father was killed in a car crash when the pickup truck he was riding in blew a tire and flipped. (I didn't see this posted)

Very sad.

Tomlinson's father killed in auto accident
NFL.com wire reports

WACO, Texas (Feb. 23, 2007) -- The father of NFL MVP LaDainian Tomlinson was killed when the pickup truck in which he was riding blew a tire and flipped on a highway.

Oliver Tomlinson was killed at about 1:30 p.m. in the one-vehicle rollover, said Charlie Morgan, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman. Tomlinson was 71.

The driver, Ronald C. McClain, was rushed by ambulance to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, where he was listed in critical condition, Morgan said. The 48-year-old McClain is believed to be a relative of Tomlinson's, Morgan said.

Witnesses reported that a tire on the 1969 Chevrolet truck blew, causing the truck to swerve out of control and flip over near an intersection east of Waco near Asa. Both men were thrown from the truck, Morgan said.

Jewel Tomlinson, Oliver's wife and LaDainian's stepmother, said her husband and McClain had been returning to Waco after a trip to the family home in Tomlinson Hill, the Waco Tribune-Herald reported in its online edition Friday. She said Oliver, who lived in Chilton, had been staying in Waco recently while recovering from an illness.

LaDainian Tomlinson starred at Waco's University High School before going on to TCU and the San Diego Chargers.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Tomlinson's father killed in auto accident

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The father and brother of NFL MVP and Central Texas native LaDainian Tomlinson killed in a car accident

Updated: Feb 23, 2007 7:08pm

The father and brother of NFL star running back and Central Texas native LaDainian Tomlinson were killed in a one vehicle accident southeast of Waco.

The accident happened in the community of Asa at the intersection of FM 434 and FM 2643 at about 1:30 p.m.

Family members told NBC 6 News Oliver Tomlinson and his son Ronald McClain were on their way back to Waco from Tomlinson’s home in Chilton.

DPS officials said McClain was driving northbound on 434, when he lost control, over corrected, began to skid, and ended up practically on top of a hill.

According to DPS officials, the two weren't wearing seatbelts.

There was a family friend following behind McClain and Tomlinson, who witnessed the accident.

Witness Steven Buhl said, “I was a hundred yards behind them and all of a sudden he was going sideways and I said 'why was he going sideways? I knew there was something wrong.”

Family member Robert Rhodes said, “From what I’ve heard so far the truck lost control.

The tire blew out, I don't know, all I know is the truck flipped 3 or 4 times. It made one big giant jump and threw them out.”

Family members said Ladainian has been notified, but didn’t say if he's on his way to Central Texas.

http://www.kcentv.com/news/c-article.php?cid=1&nid=12216

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Hostile;1389358 said:
Man, that sucks. He must be a good man. He raised one heck of a good son.

He and also she. Somewhere there was a good woman in his life and good women makes this world go 'round.

God speed Mr. Tomlinson

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
bigbadroy;1389282 said:
he will score 47 tds nextyear for his pops

Yep. Look out league. It's going to be ugly next year. 50 TDs from LT in remembrance. I like LT. He's a good guy all around and I like the way he just hands the ball off to the ref the way Emmitt used to do.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
That's alot to take....Father and brother gone in seconds. My prayers are with the Tomlinson family tonight.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
wow, truly horrendous, thoughts and prayers to the Tomlinson family from the Eddy family.