Lamb out of the backfield has become a serious weapon

Proof

Reaction score
When we first started running this, I didn't really like it because of how sleight he is, and thought it exposed him unnecessarily. But man, these days he just seems to always glide through traffic and rip off chunk gains. I was already a big fan of his, he's pushed it to another level though.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A gadget play with Lamb or Turpin that can only be used so often or teams will look for it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think it was last week when he ran into a few guys? That one made me nervous.

I get the same feeling when Dak runs too, because he's starting to get back to that 'not quick to slide' confidence.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When we first started running this, I didn't really like it because of how sleight he is, and thought it exposed him unnecessarily. But man, these days he just seems to always glide through traffic and rip off chunk gains. I was already a big fan of his, he's pushed it to another level though.
between him and Turpin, it gives the defenses something to think about.

not sure if they have run this play, I would love for turpin and pollard to line up in the back field and then swing turpin out in a swing pass and let him run in space a little. it might be interesting.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Lamb has been great. If he caught all the balls Dak has hit him in the hands with, he would be lethal.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
It was mind boggling we didn’t run more of it under KM. When he has ask just sit there in the pocket with guys running routes 15 yards downfield.

As a defense picture this… you have to deal with all our weapons. Two capable TEs….we have a very good oline. Then on top of that we have guys running misdirection plays at you… oh and our qb is making plays with his feet again.

That is tough for any defense. It makes them a split second slow to read and react…. And that’s huge

Big_D

Reaction score
It was mind boggling we didn’t run more of it under KM. When he has ask just sit there in the pocket with guys running routes 15 yards downfield.

As a defense picture this… you have to deal with all our weapons. Two capable TEs….we have a very good oline. Then on top of that we have guys running misdirection plays at you… oh and our qb is making plays with his feet again.

That is tough for any defense. It makes them a split second slow to read and react…. And that’s huge

And he looks to be getting the ball out much quicker. The offense is coming together and looking sharp... and the plays being drawn up are taking full advantage.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
A gadget play with Lamb or Turpin that can only be used so often or teams will look for it.
This is an advantage and why teams like SF and Miami are always hard to defend. You need to show throughout the season that you must respect jet sweeps or horizontal plays. As teams respect that more and more, it opens the verts even more.

The more the Cowboys can be successful with the horizontal stuff the mroe effective motion and downfield passing can/should become.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
This is an advantage and why teams like SF and Miami are always hard to defend. You need to show throughout the season that you must respect jet sweeps or horizontal plays. As teams respect that more and more, it opens the verts even more.

The more the Cowboys can be successful with the horizontal stuff the mroe effective motion and downfield passing can/should become.
Thats why I keep pounding the table to get Turpin more involved in the offense - must use that speed - just like Miami,SF and KC.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Having other teams look for it is the point. Gives us just that slight edge on every play we're not running it.

The days of Nate telling other teams exactly where we're gonna run and them still not being able to stop us are long gone. I'm a big fan of misdirection with multiple run threats. Wish we had a big back to pair with Pollard so Pollard could primarily be in motion.