Landry Field Pics

Carlito

Reaction score
I live in Arlington and drive by the stadium several times a week. Even when I don't drive by the stadium I still see it on the Horizon because it is so massive. It can be seen from miles away. I can't wait until it is completed, it is the most amazing design I have seen for a stadium..

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2018328 said:
How about Lumpkin Land?

I could dig that.

Naw, lacks panache, a certain je ne sais quoi... keep working on it...

And that's about all the Surrender Monkey I speak... which is pretty embarrassing, when I had four years of it in high school... eventually I got to where I knew so much, I had to clear out some of the useless junk, to make room for my encyclopedic knowledge...

OK, I'm having a hard time keeping a straight face as I type this... :D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2018457 said:
It's only going to be the best football stadium in the world.

Suck on that, rest of the league.

Which is only appropriate, I'd say, for the league's royalty to have a palace...

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
silverbear;2018720 said:
Which is only appropriate, I'd say, for the league's royalty to have a palace...

hmmmm, you may be on to something there. "The Palace, at Landry Field"

kinda like the sound of it!

yeah, I'll head out there every couple of months, and take pics from the same vantage points, for comparisons.

:starspin

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
It does look cool. Can't wait for football season.

dbair1967;2018179 said:
thanks for sharing

that stadium is going to be amazing,...cant wait till it opens

I just hope they fill it with real football fans instead of the lame arses who sleep walk through the games in Irving

David
If your experience is anything like ours, the bigger the stadium, the worse the fans.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2018800 said:
It does look cool. Can't wait for football season.

If your experience is anything like ours, the bigger the stadium, the worse the fans.

so you have the siliconboob and mink coat fans too huh?

we had it real bad in dallas in the late 80's, why our team sucked

(god,,, why am i even ackknowledging a Commander fan?)

thomas_22

Reaction score
I cant Wait till it opens, I was gonna miss Texas Stadium but I had'nt been in another NFL stadium before until a Couple of weeks ago when I went to the Houston Rodeo in Reliant Stadium and that Place was amazing and the Texans Should'nt have a better stadium then We do, and I'll Get to see the New Stadium in a couple of Days when I'll be going up to Arlington to A Rangers game I cant wait to see it again in Person, I havent seen it since last Baseball season

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
HighTechDave;2018814 said:
so you have the siliconboob and mink coat fans too huh?

we had it real bad in dallas in the late 80's, why our team sucked

(god,,, why am i even ackknowledging a Commander fan?)
When the stadium was only 40,000 it took decades to get off the waiting list. People who didn't care about the team didn't bother putting their name on. Now a combination of bigger stadium and higher ticket prices mean that lots of people get season tickets even if they aren't big fans. Then they sell them on stubhub or wherever, and essentially it's as if there are no season tickets and people just buy individual tickets. The atmosphere isn't the same because the Commanders fans aren't the same quality and it's easier for opposing fans to get tickets. Plus, the field noise is reduced because the sound dissipates. I got my tickets last year and couldn't have been more disappointed. I kid you not for one game there was a guy reading a book through the whole game - he had clearly been dragged there by his dad.

kmp77

Reaction score
dbair1967;2018179 said:
thanks for sharing

that stadium is going to be amazing,...cant wait till it opens

I just hope they fill it with real football fans instead of the lame arses who sleep walk through the games in Irving

David

The games are gonna be more expensive so it's just going to be worse :(

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
jackrussell;2019070 said:
Compared to RFK, there is a higher percentage of fans who show up to enjoy the atmosphere rather than cheer for the team.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2018845 said:
When the stadium was only 40,000 it took decades to get off the waiting list. People who didn't care about the team didn't bother putting their name on. Now a combination of bigger stadium and higher ticket prices mean that lots of people get season tickets even if they aren't big fans. Then they sell them on stubhub or wherever, and essentially it's as if there are no season tickets and people just buy individual tickets. The atmosphere isn't the same because the Commanders fans aren't the same quality and it's easier for opposing fans to get tickets. Plus, the field noise is reduced because the sound dissipates. I got my tickets last year and couldn't have been more disappointed. I kid you not for one game there was a guy reading a book through the whole game - he had clearly been dragged there by his dad.

Maybe he was reading the section on timeouts in the NFL Rule Book.

ZB9

Reaction score
is it really going to be called Landry field?...that's awesome if so

Route 66

Reaction score
ZB9;2019218 said:

Wishful thinking at this point unfortunately...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ZB9;2019218 said:

at that rate we are going it maybe Chico's Bail Bonds.

:)

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
The atmosphere isn't the same because the Commanders fans aren't the same quality

jackrussell;2019070 said:

Skinsmaniac;2019174 said:
Compared to RFK, there is a higher percentage of fans who show up to enjoy the atmosphere rather than cheer for the team.

Well, I was just trying to comprehend a sentence that included both 'Commander's fans' and 'quality' in it.:D

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I still haven't driven by it. The closest I got was driving on I30 past Six Flags when it was dark out. I'm not sure how close I was to it, but I was lookin all over.

I need to go back out there and take some pictures. :)

coach316

Reaction score
I just saw the pics...I got chills when I clicked the first link and saw such beauty ;)