Larry Allen is the least of our problems

playmakers

Reaction score
Who cares if he makes alot of money next season, he's still decent. Why take a chance on an unknown commoity when you know what your get from Larry every week, a B performance. I can handle that. We have the cap space and why have unused cap money. So, do you want to roll with the players with the elks of a Tyson Walter, Andre Gurode, Marco Rivera, Stephen Peterman, or we can have Larry back for another season. Ding, ding I have my vote and it should be painfully obvious. Some of you expect to much of him. I can't recall more then 2 sacks giving up by him last season. He's still solid at run blocking to.

The thing you should realize is, Larry is not the best offensive lineman in football anymore. If you look at him as one of the guys on the oline rather then the baddest man in football, you might get a differnt thinking about him.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
We should keep LA at a reduced price.
Agreed. Too many other holes that need plugging. LA may not be the best anymore but he's good enough for now. Restructure his contract and fix center and tackle first.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And if Larry Choose not to reduce his price tag? He can be replaced sorry his play is not that good and there are players in the league who may never reach Allens accomplishments when he was in his prime but there are many who are better than him right now. This team does not need to hold on to the past we did that in the late 90's and it cost us dearly

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Good teams make tough decisions on getting rid of guys before they go too far downhill. Jerry's greatest weakness has been hanging on to guys too long. Frankly, the way you see Larry moving around the field, I'd be surprised if it was worth it to him to play for less money.

Glenn Carano

Reaction score
LA's performance to me is below a B. I could care less how many times he can bench 225. He's fine when he can block a man who's directly in front of him(run or pass) using his strength, but if he has to move an inch to his left or right, he's in trouble. No latereal movement anymore, no quickness. He's a Hall of Famer, but not a Pro Bowler anymore in my opinion. May not be a bad time to move on and find a more athletic, versatile Guard who can pull and move around a little better. And to the people who are/were saying move LA to Tackle at this point in his career. :laugh2: Get a clue.