last 2 times we started 2-0 in pre-season

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
2002 finished 5-11

1989 finished 1-15

obviously, this means nothing about 2006...but i just wanted to point out that the preseason doesn't REALLY matter.

clearly, we have way more talent than those 2 teams, however.

:starspin

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
2 Dominant type games, and we've shown little on defense as far as exotic blitzes and little on Offense as well. Not to mention personell not all the way in place (TO & starting FS)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The preseason does matter. But the wins and losses don't necessarily matter.

I think this year's Raiders squad is symbolic of that. They've looked horrible in at least two of their three games yet are undefeated if I'm not mistaken.

But don't let the wins and losses cloud the true meaning of preseason.

fortdick

Reaction score
The last time we started a season without a solar eclipse over Central Asia on a Tuesday in May was 1993. We went to the Superbowl and won it all.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Preseason is basically about seeing what your talent can do against their talent.

Yes, a team goes over some of its play book but not enough to clue other teams as to their overall game plan.

The reason why the 1989 team was 4-0 is because Jimmy Johnson was basically playing a group of "average" guys for four quarters.

Look at it this way, if your roster is average to below-average, those guys are going to be first, second and third teamers going against other teams rookies, for the most part of a game.

The talent on the Cowboys was woeful, and if you're playing average to below-average guys, they're still going to look better than third-stringers who won't even be on other teams' final roster.

Jay

Reaction score
You aren't mistaken, Dale. The Raiders are 3-0 so far this preseason.