Last week I said the Cowboys were conceding this game and people got mad at me

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This team is on the verge of mailing it in. If they do not beat the Commanders you can be sure they will roll over. And what excuse do they have not to? They have all gotten their money (including Wade and Garrett) They are all Hollywood stars (thanks HBO). They have all made the Pro Bowl. The NFC East is pretty much impossible this year. And the OL sucks. You cannot do ANYTHING as a football team with the OL play we are getting in Dallas right now. And I do not care WHO the QB is....with the play of this OL, we are circling the drain

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
This team is mentally soft.

It was obvious out there today on the field. EXTREMELY obvious.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Witten and Bollinger seemed to be the only one's who suited up to play. And one shouldn't have been.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
The cowboys lost the game, but they didn't "Concede" the game.

If they were "conceding the game" Spencer would have sat out, Witten would have sat out, Henry would have sat out, and only a handful of starters would have played beyond the 1st quarter.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rack;2395278 said:

If they were "conceding the game" Spencer would have sat out, Witten would have sat out, Henry would have sat out, and only a handful of starters would have played beyond the 1st quarter.

You know better than to bring facts into a thread that is started by a sky is falling fan.

links18

Reaction score
Rack;2395278 said:

The coaching staff and management effectively conceded the game when they decided to start Johnson. The players conceded the game, as it was reported that many of them were already talking about getting on a roll after the bye week.

In reality, the team is very confused. Why start Johnson, get ready to pull him down 14-0, only to call Bollinger back off the field when we got the fumble recovery? What message did that send? Why start Witten and risk further injury when it was clear the attitude was "after the bye week"? Pretty strange.....

hutru01

Reaction score
This season is not over. They are 5-4. The Commanders play a tough Steelers team tonight and if they lose, (which I think they will) they come into the game on Nov 16th with a record of 5-3....

If we can play better this time and beat the Commanders, who very well might underestimate us now, we will be right in the playoff picture again. After the Skins, we have the 49ers and Seahawks. Realistically, we could very well be 8-4 heading into the Steelers game on Dec 7th. That is as far as I would want to project because really we don't know how well the team is going to play until Romo and the rest of the injured players are back (Felix Jones, Newman, etc)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
bbailey423;2393282 said:
This team is on the verge of mailing it in. If they do not beat the Commanders you can be sure they will roll over. And what excuse do they have not to? They have all gotten their money (including Wade and Garrett) They are all Hollywood stars (thanks HBO). They have all made the Pro Bowl. The NFC East is pretty much impossible this year. And the OL sucks. You cannot do ANYTHING as a football team with the OL play we are getting in Dallas right now. And I do not care WHO the QB is....with the play of this OL, we are circling the drain

Feel great about yourself?

DontTouchMyRomo

Reaction score
hutru01;2395336 said:
This season is not over. They are 5-4. The Commanders play a tough Steelers team tonight and if they lose, (which I think they will) they come into the game on Nov 16th with a record of 5-3....

Skins are 6-2, so if they lose they would be 6-3. And the Steelers game looks like a toss up between them, as I see it..

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't hink they conceded the first half but once the pick at the end of the first half by Brad and the one at the start of the second by Brooks - everyone knew it was over!

superpunk

Reaction score
Noone gives a **** about what you said last week and caught hell for. We're all ****ing martyrs. Who cares?

hutru01

Reaction score
DontTouchMyRomo;2395351 said:
Skins are 6-2, so if they lose they would be 6-3. And the Steelers game looks like a toss up between them, as I see it..

My mistake on the Skins record (my point was that IF we beat them, that could essentially be loss #4 if the Steelers win tonight. I think the Steelers have the D to stop Portis personally. It will be defensive struggle and that is why I think the Steelers will pull it out.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
they conceded this game by starting Brad JOhnson...like I said...you cannot convince me that IF this were a playoff game Tony ROmo would have sat out...or that Felix Jones would continue to nurse a "strained" hamstring....I mean there are guys that play every week with a strained hamstring...he has not played in weeks with one. The Cowboys have already accpeted that at best they are a wildcard team....and they just believe that there best chance is to get everyone as close to 100% as possible...and win 5 or 6 out of 7. I hope it does not backfire...but we shall see. And like I said, NONE of this will matter with the play of the OL right now.

links18

Reaction score
bbailey423;2395473 said:
they conceded this game by starting Brad JOhnson...like I said...you cannot convince me that IF this were a playoff game Tony ROmo would have sat out...or that Felix Jones would continue to nurse a "strained" hamstring....I mean there are guys that play every week with a strained hamstring...he has not played in weeks with one. The Cowboys have already accpeted that at best they are a wildcard team....and they just believe that there best chance is to get everyone as close to 100% as possible...and win 5 or 6 out of 7. I hope it does not backfire...but we shall see. And like I said, NONE of this will matter with the play of the OL right now.

This is exactly right. The season is being staked on winning 5 out of 7 and hoping 10-6 is enough to get in the playoffs. In effect, Phillips, Stewart and Garrett all will get a pass for this game. Heck, I bet Jenkins even gets a pass for his give-up play, considering everyone was waiting for after the bye week to get on a roll anyway....

aikemirv

Reaction score
I really don't think the players conceded anything in the first half. That, IMO, was the reason we saw so many offsides penalties to start the game because the defense was just trying to do to much. They were overly aggresive!

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Rack;2395278 said:

It was the turnovers that did us in.

hutru01

Reaction score
aikemirv;2395495 said:
I really don't think the players conceded anything in the first half. That, IMO, was the reason we saw so many offsides penalties to start the game because the defense was just trying to do to much. They were overly aggresive!

The defense was the ONLY reason we were in the game in the first half.