Late nite Mock

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
1 Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State 6-6 #305 - Why not have the flexibility of 2 athletic young bookends that are interchangeable?
The type who does everything well but nothing great --- Possesses both the physical tools and intangibles that you look for in a left tackle prospect --- Not particularly flashy but very consistent
Mature, hard working and a leader - Is tough and has proven to be durable
Tons of experience versus top competition

been my guy since late Oct -him and Free might as well be twins

2a Cameron Heyward DE/DT, Ohio State 6-5 #300 - Excellent quickness off the snap, splits double teams with ease and provides a rare pop into his blocker's pads to knock him back. Will be first man off the ball when pinning his ears back on the rush. Very difficult for slower linemen to match his combination of strength and explosiveness, makes beating them look easy

can’t pass him up - unless by some miracle Brandon Harris is still there

2b Davon House, CB, New Mexico State 6 #180 - His best asset, as he uses his size, speed and length to adeptly handle outside responsibilities in man coverage. Good backpedal and quick feet to wait until his man makes a move inside or outside. Runs with any receiver down the sideline and maintains contact to prevent separation. Maintains contact with his man on misdirection plays; can recover from double moves quickly. Very good hand-eye reaction time to pick off bobbled passes and knock away passes at the last second. Effective as a wrap and cut tackler against receivers and running backs

because Newman is not getting younger
if we get Harris then I go with one of the OG’s

3 Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina 6-2 #205 - Big, physical strong safety who hits well, and is fairly fluid and agile. Can cover the requisite amount of ground to be a 4-down player, and has been very productive at a high level for one of America's best collegiate defenses. Will make receivers hear footsteps, and will have a shot at being one of the coveted true secondary enforcers in this draft

JG will have the inside scoop on him from Butch Davis

4 Derek Newton OT/OG Arkansas St. 6-5 #310 - Good initial quickness off the snap. Gains depth immediately with an efficient kick-slide. Long arms to reach the defender. Good lateral agility and balance to mirror the defender. Plays on the balls of his feet and with his knees bent. Shows good flexibility and at least moderate core strength to handle the bull rush. Good quickness and agility to block on the move in the running game. Shows a burst upfield and can re-direct. Good trap blocker due to his quickness and arm length.

Give him a year a slip him right in there at G – or Moffitt JG has the scoop on him

5 Cecil Shorts III, WR/KR Mount Union, 6 #200 - Serious speed, and a serious deep threat. Will catch in traffic and will catch across the middle. Will catch what he should. Good ups. Will fight for first downs. Adjusts well to the ball in the air. Will block. Can take a simple crossing pattern to the house.
22 punt returns (16.1 yd average) with two touchdowns and nine kick returns (22.8 yd. average) and one touchdown.

I do not want Dez touching the ball on KO’s an PR’s
I want our new WR on the team this year to take RW’s place next year

6 Henry Hynoski FB Pitt 6-2 #260 - Big, nasty throwback FB who played in a pro-style offense. Hynoski has gotten better at catching the ball and is a load for any LB at the point of attack as a runner. Solid lead blocker. Better runner than you think

I believe if we can get this guy in here we won’t need a big power back. Unless we pick up one as UDFA

7 Chris Neilds NT WV 6–2 #320 – returns for his third year as the starter at the nose tackle position … a defensive playmaker … coaching staff will count on him for leadership for the defense this season … good run stopper
Started all 13 games … saw action on more than 645 plays
"We have been saying it for a year, or year-and-a-half just how good he is," West Virginia defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel said. "We don't see him in the statistics a lot because he has 600 or 700 pounds of double-team wrapped around him the majority of the game, and he still has the ability to make a lot of plays. People just always have to account for him."
Neild leaves West Virginia with 130 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss and six sacks.

A couple names as UDFA’s

Colin Jones SS TCU 5-11 #210 – He ran 4.34 and 4.38 in the 40, with a vertical of 37, a 10-4 broad jump, a 4.09 short shuttle and a 6.69 in the three-cone drill. Jones did 20 bench reps of 225 pounds.

Gil Brandt - as a late bloomer. He reminds me some of Cliff Harris – that’s good enough for me

Doug Hogue, OLB, Syracuse 6 -3 #235
Projected 40 Time: 4.62 - Works best in space and to the sideline, scraping to chase down backs before they get the corner. Has a strong safety build and is smooth in coverage of running backs and tight ends from the strong-side position. Gets his hands on a lot of passes by staying home. Good recovery speed when beat on play-action or misdirection. Used regularly on run and pass blitzes, can catch running backs from behind from the backside or wiggle through creases to track down quarterbacks in the pocket.
Could be our Nickel backer – I like to move him inside have put on 20 #

Jeff Tarpinian ISLB Iowa 6-2 #235 was clocked between 4.48 and 4.55 seconds in the 40-yard dash, which is comparable to times for defensive backs. He also recorded a 37-inch vertical jump and a broad jump of 10.5 feet, and did the 3-cone drill between 6.5 and 6.7 seconds. With numbers like these, he should be viewed as a possible special teams standout as a rookie in the NFL

An at RB there are many guys we could have

Anthony Allen, RB, Georgia Tech 6-1 #225
Brandon Saine, RB, OhioState 5-11 #220
Donald Buckram, RB, UTEP 5-10 #195 - 1,594 rushing yards (6.2 YPC), 21 touchdowns, 30 catches

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I like Sherrod and Heyward a lot and House (sort of). I would REALLY like it if your second option happened with Sherrod, Harris and guard (Wisneiwski?)

Either way, I wouldn't be upset... but Sherrod and Harris would be big time contributors right away, and Wisniewski very well could be.

I think Harris is going to be much better than people expect. He's just so fluid in coverage.

I love the Neilds pick, BTW. If he lasts that long (I don't think he will) he would be a super value that late.