Late Shocker...

Eugeniu$

Reaction score
i was a little shocked that with Wade Phillips and the town of "Big D" that our offense is the key part of the team..dnt get me wrong i had high hopes for Romo and everything but i was expecting alot from our defense! i think it may be becuase of the loss of Newman and Ellis, but with Spencer filling in and Henry healed up we would be top notch, but we're not doin bad lol! Jason Garrett is using this offense to its full potential and the defense, as saw last week against the bears, is coming along nicely! i cant wait for the real test against the pats! Im new by the way so hit this up and share some thoughts k...

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
Well, you'd better maintain focus on the Rams, and forget about the Bills and cheats for now.
But your concern for the defense is valid.
Just 2 years ago, good offenses could barely move against us, except for some no-huddle by Eli, and all of our 1st round choices for decades have been spent on our defense which, I hope, will resume soon.

sago1

Reaction score
I just keep hoping that more familiarity with the scheme will enable our defense to perform better--particularly with the return of Newman & Ellis.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Eugeniu$;1675613 said:
i was a little shocked that with Wade Phillips and the town of "Big D" that our offense is the key part of the team..dnt get me wrong i had high hopes for Romo and everything but i was expecting alot from our defense! i think it may be becuase of the loss of Newman and Ellis, but with Spencer filling in and Henry healed up we would be top notch, but we're not doin bad lol! Jason Garrett is using this offense to its full potential and the defense, as saw last week against the bears, is coming along nicely! i cant wait for the real test against the pats! Im new by the way so hit this up and share some thoughts k...

Isnt it ironic that our defense is loaded with first rounders at every position and the offense is basically built with late round draft picks and even undrafted players, however our offense is one of the best in the NFL and our defense blows (stat wise ofcourse).

You would think the opposite would be true, the higher the picks the more production you would get.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1675644 said:
Isnt it ironic that our defense is loaded with first rounders at every position and the offense is basically built with late round draft picks and even undrafted players, however our offense is one of the best in the NFL and our defense blows (stat wise ofcourse).

You would think the opposite would be true, the higher the picks the more production you would get.
Not as long as you draft lousy players like Ekuban, Williams, Carpenter, Spears, Burnett et. al.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Pokes12;1675653 said:
Not as long as you draft lousy players like Ekuban, Williams, Carpenter, Spears, Burnett et. al.

Ekuban was a bust Williams, OK whatever, Carp the jury is out and Burnett wasn't 1st rounder.

sk0aL

Reaction score
Considering the injuries we have on defense, I'm happy with our defensive performance. At both Miami and Chicago our defense made huge plays to put the offense in good field position and ice the game. That pick 6 by Henry last week was a dagger right through the heart of the Bears. The entire stadium just deflated.

I know it's popular opinion that our defense is underachieving, but with the exception of the season opener against NYG they've made good stops and forced key turnovers. Just imagine what this defense can do once Newman, Ellis, and Tank are on the field at full strength.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our defense is getting better from week to week.

We play a lot of soft coverage with Newman out as well. When we get him back he really gives us a whole new demension.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
CaptainQuint;1675626 said:
Well, you'd better maintain focus on the Rams, and forget about the Bills and cheats for now.
But your concern for the defense is valid.
Just 2 years ago, good offenses could barely move against us, except for some no-huddle by Eli, and all of our 1st round choices for decades have been spent on our defense which, I hope, will resume soon.

Quint, Jimmy Johnson on radio recently said he filmed signals too. Everyone does it. Switzer almost said the same. Does that make us cheaters? Manginirat was taping Pats last year and all Pats did was make them stop.

Oue defense has what 9 turnovers last two weeks? Basically without Ferguson, Tnew and Ellis. I'm ok with Mr Fix its defense. In fact it will only get better. Same defense that imploded on BP. Our defense is a big part of our scoring outbursts. Flat out TD's and short fields.

Teams fall behind will tend to rack up yards and MISTAKES (Turnovers). We are playing from ahead a lot this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;1675841 said:
Quint, Jimmy Johnson on radio recently said he filmed signals too. Everyone does it. Switzer almost said the same. Does that make us cheaters? Manginirat was taping Pats last year and all Pats did was make them stop.

Oue defense has what 9 turnovers last two weeks? Basically without Ferguson, Tnew and Ellis. I'm ok with Mr Fix its defense. In fact it will only get better. Same defense that imploded on BP. Our defense is a big part of our scoring outbursts. Flat out TD's and short fields.

Teams fall behind will tend to rack up yards and MISTAKES (Turnovers). We are playing from ahead a lot this year.

Like in the early to mid 90's.....:D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CaptainQuint;1675626 said:

Why? He's a fan, he can look ahead to 3 seasons from now if he so wishes. He's not suiting up for the cowboys on sunday so what difference does it make?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors;1675841 said:

Why do you come to cowboys message boards?

I'd expect a Cheatriots fan like you to spend more time at a Cheatriots message board.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Nors;1675841 said:

Did Jimmy Johnson continue filming after reading a letter from the NFL explicitly stating the practice was banned?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nors;1675841 said:

Umm...evidence of this broadcast?

The only time in which I heard about him saying anything with respect to the Cheatriots was on the Fox Pre-game show where he admitted to attempting to steal signals (as every team does), but never to filming them like Bellicheat.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Nors;1675841 said:

Dude, just stop embarrassing yourself. You are trying to defend what the Cheaters did by using the old "everybody else does it" defense. So I guess the act itself does not matter in your eyes, as long as other people do it there is no problem.

This logic is critically flawed. If something is right or wrong depending on if other people do it, then DUI, Domestic Abuse, Drug Use, Rapes, Murders, ect.....could all be defended by "other people do it".:rolleyes:

IF THE ACT ITSELF IS WRONG, THEN THERE IS NO DEFENSE.

NOTE: The NFL sent out a letter before the season started that specifically stated filming other coaches was against the rules and Belicheat did it anyways.

Did you ever think maybe it was not against the rules when Jimmy Johnson and Switzer were doing it???

Eugeniu$

Reaction score
(haha some people could realy hop off topic but thats koo though...)im a big fan of terrance newman and unlike most people i know just how much of a lockdown corner he is! as far as the pats go i dnt care wat they did cheating wise they are still the top ranked team in the nfl and if we want be the best we got to beat the best..and they are not making any mistakes on either side of the ball! im not passing any judgement on Carpenter just yet becuase there is a lot of compitition in the linebacker core. he is most llikely gonna fit in the MLB position. and that was just dumb to talk about our DE's! wat the hell are u expecting!! their not there to make sacks, just to open up lanes for the linebackers...(Rookies these years)