Laufenberg:Release Brad Johnson.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
My phone rang after the game and doctor32 called me to tell me that brad johnson has no role here and it is time to bring in a younger player to learn and get a start on next week. Johnson had to go though because he has nothing to offer, if he is going to be a turnover machine.

so anyway, I am watching the score with laufenberg. And he just said Brad Johnson has no point here with the level of his play being so poor and that it is a perfect time for Dallas to take a qb from another teams practice squad and start developing someone.

Laufenberg did a piece this morning showing how poor johnson was and how short sighted Dallas is by not drafting a qb in the last few years. And again he said Dallas really blew it releasing matt moore.

I will put the video up later.

It makes a lot of sense.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
theebs;2394579 said:
My phone rang after the game and doctor32 called me to tell me that brad johnson has no role here and it is time to bring in a younger player to learn and get a start on next week. Johnson had to go though because he has nothing to offer, if he is going to be a turnover machine.

so anyway, I am watching the score with laufenberg. And he just said Brad Johnson has no point here with the level of his play being so poor and that it is a perfect time for Dallas to take a qb from another teams practice squad and start developing someone.

Laufenberg did a piece this morning showing how poor johnson was and how short sighted Dallas is by not drafting a qb in the last few years. And again he said Dallas really blew it releasing matt moore.

It makes a lot of sense.

Cant argue any of it, as a matter of fact I told my wife today that Dallas needs to be looking for a QB in next years draft just in case.

MrMom

Reaction score
He serves no purpose at this point. He's clearly shot. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens, but don't see it happening.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Bartel or someone who wouldn't know the play book? What qb's are stashed on another team's practice squad?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i doubt he'll be cut... that shows our GM & coaches wasted a 20 month investment in this guy -- a fact we all see clearly before our eyes -- who is incapable of playing in the NFL.

jerry should fire the entire coaching staff MONDAY and release a few players -- ellis, brad, tank to name a few but he won't because it proves yet again that he's the worst GM in all of sports. he'll aw-shucks some excuses and retool for 2009 in full on panic mode.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What, you mean Brad doesn't give us the best chance to win like all the pundits were saying all week? Even Troy, who said Brad should play was calling for him to be replaced after the 1st int.

Reaction score
theebs;2394579 said:

It makes a lot of sense.

Babe must of ready my post on Cowboys should release Brad Jonhson now!!!

It's O.K. Babe! I'll let you slide on this one, LOL!

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2394614 said:
Bartel sounds good right now...

Not really, but Matt Moore sure does!

Hell, a 6th round rookie QB with camp, preseason and 8 weeks of meetings/practice sounds good right now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
TheCount;2394623 said:
Not really, but Matt Moore sure does!

Hey, bartel is a better option.

It kind of makes me wish we found a way to get john beck. I would imagine in the offseason two new qb's are brought in.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
chinch;2394606 said:
i doubt he'll be cut... that shows our GM & coaches wasted a 20 month investment in this guy -- a fact we all see clearly before our eyes -- who is incapable of playing in the NFL.

jerry should fire the entire coaching staff MONDAY and release a few players -- ellis, brad, tank to name a few but he won't because it proves yet again that he's the worst GM in all of sports. he'll aw-shucks some excuses and retool for 2009 in full on panic mode.
Yeah cause that's what good GMS do, fire the entire staff and institute mass releases.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
windward;2394656 said:
Yeah cause that's what good GMS do, fire the entire staff and institute mass releases.

a good GMs wouldn't have us in the predicament we're in and have been in for a decade.

:laugh2:

ZB9

Reaction score
Bartel would probably play better than Johnson