LaVar Arrington: Dope

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I can't wait until this goof-ball starts "leaping" around the field. How long do you think it will take teams to figure out how to counter this fearsome move?

"Offsides, defense, number 56, leaping over the line." :D

Time for a rerun of LaVar Leap?
The LaVar Leap might be back.

Washington Commanders linebacker LaVar Arrington yesterday speculated that he might unleash the highlight reel move from his Penn State days now that he is positioned off the line of scrimmage and more frequently in front of the ball.

Arrington's new positioning was on display in Saturday's preseason loss to the Carolina Panthers. On third-and-goal from the 1, the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker helped Antonio Pierce stuff running back Stephen Davis just short of the goal line.

There was no need for a leap on that play, but Arrington sounded ready for the maneuver — in which he soars over the line just as the ball is snapped and crumples the ballcarrier — as he discussed stuffing Davis.

"Go figure. It was the first time somebody's put me in a situation where I'm behind the ball," Arrington said after practice last night. "Like, I can actually have an opportunity to do a leap."

Arrington's positioning is an annual topic of debate. He played strongside linebacker his first four NFL seasons, though his specific positioning vacillated as Washington cycled through defensive coordinators. In each usage, he often had to cover a tight end or shed the tight end's block before chasing the ballcarrier.

Now with Marcus Washington taking over the strong side, Arrington is making an intriguing switch to the weak side, where his speed is appropriate and his 6-foot-3, 253-pound frame adds a wicked dimension. Weakside linebackers (think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Derrick Brooks) are often matched up against running backs and positioned to make more tackles.

Arrington sat out a second practice yesterday with a sore knee but isn't considered seriously injured.

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I can't wait until this goof-ball starts "leaping" around the field.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't like Lavar Burton :rolleyes:

Do you think he wants to get off of the R'Skins roster?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you don't like Lavar Burton :rolleyes:

I have no problem whatsoever with LeVar Burton:

levar_burton.jpg

That 'Roid Raged Commander, however, is a different story.

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I have no problem whatsoever with LeVar Burton:

levar_burton.jpg

That 'Roid Raged Commander, however, is a different story.

Sorry, I happen to really enjoy the Star Trek series; all of them. Ok, back from the galaxy and on to football. :eek:

I happen to know Arrington's counsin -- she doesn't talk about him much! :D

I think he's still got a bad taste in His mouth about the incentives/bonuses that were excluded from his contract. But his play has gone down a notch.

FavreToWalker

Benched
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Sorry, I happen to really enjoy the Star Trek series; all of them. Ok, back from the galaxy and on to football. :eek:

I happen to know Arrington's counsin -- she doesn't talk about him much! :D

I think he's still got a bad taste in His mouth about the incentives/bonuses that were excluded from his contract. But his play has gone down a notch.

Lavar Arrington seems cocky or maybe it's just me.

Reaction score
FavreToWalker said:
Lavar Arrington seems cocky or maybe it's just me.

Now I don't care for Lavar Arrington :eek: either way, but isn't a certain amount of cockiness, and arrogance needed on the defense. He's no punk; but he may just need to bring his game up a couple of notches.

I'll bet that he would play with a Lot more enthusiasm if he got those incentives added to his contract. :D

FavreToWalker

Benched
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Now I don't care for Lavar Arrington :eek: either way, but isn't a certain amount of cockiness, and arrogance needed on the defense. He's no punk; but he may just need to bring his game up a couple of notches.

I'll bet that he would play with a Lot more enthusiasm if he got those incentives added to his contract. :D

But it's the Commanders. I shouldn't say that cause they might beat us this year.

Eddie

Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:

Do you think he wants to get off of the R'Skins roster?

Just as a piece of trivia ... Lavar Burton's character on Star Trek, Geordi LaForge, was named after a teenage trekkie fan who died of MD.

His name was George LaForge.

As a side note, Capt. Piccard was supposed to be a Frenchman, but they couldn't find a more suitable actor than that bald guy ... I forget his name. So basically, they had an Englishman playing a Frenchman.

Interesting.

I'm not a trekkie.

Reaction score
Eddie said:
Just as a piece of trivia ...

Good Stuff; no, I didn't know that before.

The worst alien foe ever encountered by Captain Janewaite was the Jemardi;
relentless drug addicts.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Good Stuff; no, I didn't know that before.

The worst alien foe ever encountered by Captain Janewaite was the Jemardi;
relentless drug addicts.

cbg.gif

:D

kmp77

Reaction score
Don't knock Lavar, reading rainbow was the shiznit!

story.reading.rainbow.ap.jpg