LaVar Arrington???

neosapien23

Reaction score
I was just wondering what you guys think of LaVar. He is certainly talented and he would be a perfect fit for the outside linebacker spot. However, he stated that it would be hard to put on a star and there is no telling how much money he wants. After visiting New York and not getting a contract, he might realize that he is not going to get big money. If we could get him for a Greg Ellis contract than we could focus on other needs. Can BP control both TO and Arrington or is that too much to ask for from any coach? Could the Cowboys franchise handle both players or would they implode??

cowboys4life

Reaction score
i honestly think this guy is way overrated..plus he already said he doesnt wanna play here....

neosapien23

Reaction score
cowboys4life said:
i honestly think this guy is way overrated..plus he already said he doesnt wanna play here....

I don't want him to be the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor, I just want him to play within the system. He could be as good as Joey Porter....at least as good as Clark Haggans.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Arrington can rush the passer, its just the other details that apparently doesn't make him worth the money.

seantaylor21

Reaction score
Lavar is a great linebaker....way better than any of yours. Hes not anything like TO as far as selfishness. The guy can play. I hope he doesnt go to dallas. Remember troy aikman!!! HAHA

tyke1doe

Reaction score
cowboys4life said:

Agreed. He's wwwwaaaaayyyy overrated.

Wimbo

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Agreed. He's wwwwaaaaayyyy overrated.

yes, but better than anything we have at SOLB today. I wouldn't cry if Dallas showed interest in him.

Manster54

Reaction score
Arrington is a "me" player. He has the speed, power and size to be one of the best in the league. He just thinks he can do whatever he wants (a la Hollywood Henderson) due to his athletic ability. I think sadly that his best years are behind him. What a waste...

jja050575

Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:
Lavar is a great linebaker....way better than any of yours. Hes not anything like TO as far as selfishness. The guy can play. I hope he doesnt go to dallas. Remember troy aikman!!! HAHA

Just hope and pray that your team is man enough to beat the Cowboys 14 straight games. Go ahead and hold your breath!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:

Yep!!!!! I remember Troy and his 3 RINGS. How many does LaVern have? Troy has as many RINGS as your entire franchise. Again, yep I remember Troy and I'll be watching him go into the HOF this season. And LaVern?????

spook930

Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
Yep!!!!! I remember Troy and his 3 RINGS. How many does LaVern have? Troy has as many RINGS as your entire franchise. Again, yep I remember Troy and I'll be watching him go into the HOF this season. And LaVern?????

:lmao2: @ lavern

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
seantaylor21 said:

Are you posting from a jail cell Sean?
:laugh2:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I think I would rather draft a LB instead of getting Lavar...I just think he would be way too overpaid for what he would bring to the table. I could see giving Peterson a chance, but other than that, I would be more than happy with Carpenter or Lawson in the draft.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
dreamshatterer said:
I don't care where he goes. Not sure he would fit the mold in a 3-4 defense though.

Actually, his skill set is better suited for a 3-4.

He will go to the highest bidder. But right now doesnt seem like anyone is making bids.

neosapien23

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
I think I don't want somebody here who doesn't want to be here.

Not even if he swallowed humble pie, signed for a moderate contract, and then stated he was elated to be a Cowboy??

Reaction score
Hell, I think Jerry Jones will sign somebody who stood on his stars 3 times. But not the one who knocked out his HOF QB. If he does, he is a CRAZY man.