League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2017, 11:57 AM EDT
815792970-e1502121291915.jpg

Getty Images

Two years ago, someone at 345 Park Avenue leaked to Stephen A. Smith of ESPN the notion that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had destroyed his cell phone in connection with the #Deflategate investigation. Within a day of the leak, Brady was suspended four games due in part to the allegation that he’d destroyed his cell phone.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...etails-of-looming-ezekiel-elliott-suspension/
Now, it seems like someone at 345 Park Avenue has leaked to Cris Carter of FS1 the notion that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is about to be suspended, with some eye-opening details.

Via Ryan Glasspiegel of TheBigLead.com, Carter said on FS1’s Undisputed that “in the next 48 hours I would be shocked if Zeke was not suspended.” Carter added that, “based on the information that’s going to come out, it’s going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke.” (The specific allegation is that Elliott committed five acts of domestic violence in a six-day window.)

Carter described the situation as a case of “assault or domestic violence,” and Carter hinted that “when the information comes out there’s going to be some similarities” to Tom Brady’s suspension, including “information that he had been advised possibly to give up, that was destroyed.”

elcowboi

Reaction score
I believe they will try and give him four games but I also believe he will fight the suspension in court as well. Roger's time as commish might be coming to an end with all the stupid things he has done in his tenure.

calico

Reaction score
I believe they will try and give him four games but I also believe he will fight the suspension in court as well. Roger's time as commish might be coming to an end with all the stupid things he has done in his tenure.

the peterson situation and deflategate started some rumblings of the demise of his tenure. zeke-gate could finally do it. would be the only positive from this situation.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Roger Goodell says no decision has been made on Ezekiel Elliott
Posted by Charean Williams on August 7, 2017, 4:14 PM EDT
525694616-e1502136842322.jpg

Getty Images

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday he has made no decision about whether to suspend Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott.

Goodell was responding to a question at a Giants fan forum about Hall of Famer Cris Carter’s contention that the league is about to announce a suspension for Elliott.

“I don’t think Cris has anything to do with the decision,” Goodell said, via Bob Glauber of Newsday. “We haven’t made any decisions yet.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...no-decision-has-been-made-on-ezekiel-elliott/
Carter said on FS1’s Undisputed that “in the next 48 hours I would be shocked if Zeke was not suspended.” Carter added that, “based on the information that’s going to come out, it’s going to be fairly easy to determine that something happened to this woman in her four days of being with Zeke.”

Carter suggested Elliott’s punishment will be similar to the four-game suspension Tom Brady received for Deflategate.

The NFL has never closed its investigation into domestic abuse allegations made against Elliott by an ex-girlfriend more than a year ago. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has maintained all along that evidence shows Elliott was innocent of an incident that led to no arrest or charges against Elliott.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
aha, Cowboys take notice of this:

Goodell was responding to a question at a Giants fan forum about Hall of Famer Cris Carter’s contention that the league is about to announce a suspension for Elliott.
Goodell was responding to a comment made by a Giants fan on a Giants forum, aha, isnt that tied in with John Mara, Friedel and the giants?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Chris Carter is a former Eagle and Cowboys hater. I'm not doubting that he heard something, but who knows if the source is credible and if he is embellishing.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Fairly easy to see that something happened to that woman??? Apparently it wasn't that easy for the cops. Or the prosecutor. What a joke