Leave It Alone Leon!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That was a classic game, even with Lett's blunder.

jsond

Reaction score
look at the bright side..that was the last game we lost that year..and the last game won was the superbowl. :)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SupermanXx said:
Why was Leon Lett a complete moron?
What makes you think he was a complete moron? That was one bad play (ok 2 counting the super bowl) against several great seasons.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Lincoln Coleman had a good game that day...What ever happened to that guy ?

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
What makes you think he was a complete moron? That was one bad play (ok 2 counting the super bowl) against several great seasons.

I meant in that particular instance.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yeah you gotta give it to Leon... he saw the ball and thought he had to get it to help the team... never doubted his heart... just made a couple of blunders... the SB one was worse because he KNEW better

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Calicowboy said:
"Ooohhh Leon Lett"....:laugh1:

"Leon Lett, oh my goodness"

I'm guessing Brad Sham?

I could really care less about the super bowl one, who cares game was out of reach all that is lost is his own glory of scoring a TD.

Shaun

Reaction score
Leon was demonized far too much. Both of his blunders were basically meaningless in retrospect.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Shaun said:
Leon was demonized far too much. Both of his blunders were basically meaningless in retrospect.
That sums it up right there.
Lett has really been over-reacted to by the media and everyone else for a couple of plays that really did not hurt us at all.
If you think about it the team rallied around Leon after that Thanksgiving game blunder and it carried us to win the Super Bowl.
The play in the Super Bowl meant absolutely nothing to Cowboy fans.
All we cared about was winning the game and the game was won by that point. That would have been just another icing on the cake.

silver

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Lincoln Coleman had a good game that day...What ever happened to that guy ?
he partied too hard for his own good.

dontpush

Reaction score
i felt bad for old Leon on both those plays(i have both games recorded)...he might of made a dumb decision on those two plays(and why couldn't he take a note out of Mr. Stepnoski's book and wait to burn one)?

Step smoked, and still got by on his smarts, Leon just tried too hard....if i'm a DL, and i see a live ball the first thought would be to 'grab it' !!!...and in the sb....how many times does a dt get to run 50+ yards, untouched , and score(don't tell me you wouldn't want to be on SC w/a td in the superbowl)...he got a little too anxious...but man oh man did he catch hell for it.

I always liked Leon, he made mistakes....but he helped us win a few trophies too...

Reaction score
I remember that game oh so well. I was in college and had to work that day. I came home just in time to see Kevin Williams return my heart sunked when I saw that Play ( Leon) but boy did that man had talent