Video: Leighton Vander Esch: LVE and Let LVE

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/kiICfZFV3zg

I found the video pretty grim. Lots of issues centered around physicality and blocking/tackling technique.

I assumed we were at least getting a base MLB. Management talked about him like he could be a presence in the middle, comparing him to Urlacher and Purple Drank.

If the hair were a lot longer, he would seem like a good stand in for someone else.
Ugh! Bobby only had a few pro day numbers, but 3 of them matched to the hundredth of a second.

Knotamus

Reaction score
The first part of the video is kinda lame. If you have patience enough, the guy does give a decent breakdown of the player. I disagree though, I am in no-way reminded of Bobby Carpenter. (Parcells was doing Rob Carpenter, ex-Giant Rb that played under Parcells, a favor by picking his son) Vander Esch is light years better than Barbie. Keep in mind, Dallas wasn’t picking towards the top of the first round, or shall I say the “True” 1st rounders. Most scouts had a 2rd grade on him, so he does come with some warts. I wouldn’t call it grim though. Every negative aspect of Vander Esch can be coached up via the LB coachBen Bloom, Rod Marinelli, or simply watching Sean Lee play. On the otherhand.. his measurables, Speed, instincts, and intellect can not. Vander Esch is widely considered an ascending player who’s only going to get better after only one terrific season starting at Boise State.

bodi

Reaction score
plus that was a gaint coach pick

It’s been 12 years but some people still have PTSD over the selection of Bobby Carpenter with the 18th pick in 2006

Vander Esch is not Carpenter, despite some eery similarities. He’s much better in the passing game and doesn’t seem scared of contact. Carpenter never really seemed interested in being a football player while Vander Esch loves being an athlete

Vander Esch can actually play all three spots if the unfortunate injury with either Lee or Smith occurs.