Leinart: "If I had known Chow wasn't coming back, I may have gone pro"...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He can still go pro in a supplemental offering... would ya?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
and so a young man's inexplicable fascination with campus life begins to fade and the sobering realization of the millions he turned down begins to settle in.
i thought this guy was supposed to be smart...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
and so a young man's inexplicable fascination with campus life begins to fade and the sobering realization of the millions he turned down begins to settle in.
i thought this guy was supposed to be smart...

He should have seen it already... he would be a top 5 pick this year....

I still don't understand his decision...

Eddie

Reaction score
True, what's the big deal ... just apply for the Supplemental Draft. He'd make alittle less money, but heck ...

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Eddie said:
True, what's the big deal ... just apply for the Supplemental Draft. He'd make alittle less money, but heck ...
I think that's the money quote right there (pun intended). It's not just turning pro--you know he & whatever agents are already not contacting him (cough) saw Eli walk away with last year. He could have been looking at that or more in a regular draft.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were reports that he'd have to have shoulder surgery and that was one contributing factor. Because he wouldn't be able to throw at the combine, then it might've hurt his draft stock. Yeah he can still apply for the supplemental draft, but the question would be will he shoulder be ready. I don't know the recovery time on that kind of injury, so I'd imagine he should be ready considering how far away the supplemental draft is from now.

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
I wish we had gotten Chow to replace Carthon, I believe he'd done wonders with Henson. :banghead:

nathanlt

Reaction score
L-O-Jete said:
I wish we had gotten Chow to replace Carthon, I believe he'd done wonders with Henson. :banghead:

Tedford from Cal is the guy we need to bring Henson along. Cough up the bucks, Jerry!!

Parcells Guy

Reaction score
L-O-Jete said:
YEAH! what the? we couldnt outbid tennessee!?

we're the fricken Cowboys! I would have loved Chow here.

lkelly

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
Tedford from Cal is the guy we need to bring Henson along. Cough up the bucks, Jerry!!

How have Tedfored coached QBs done in the NFL so far?

Akili Smith was one, right?
Harrington?
Kyle Boller?

All drafted high, but none have lived up to their billing.

k19

Reaction score
I was watching NFL network or cold pizza, one of those 2, this morning and Gil Brandt said he was not eligable for the supplemental draft. Something about him not declaring. I dont remember the whole thing but he basically said he would have to wait for next year to go into the draft