Leinart to Announce decision on Thursday....

Ken

Reaction score
from gbnreport.com

(8:00 PM): SC QB Leinart to announce Thursday... Southern California junior QB Matt Leinart has indicated that he will make his decision whether to enter the 2005 draft known on Thursday. Leinart, this year's Hesiman Trophy winner who led the Trojans to the national title, is expected to be one of the top 2-3 players selected at this year's draft if he does opt to turn pro this winter. Two other USC juniors - MLB Lofa Tatupu and P Tom Malone - are also expected to annouced their intentions at the same time as Leinart. Meanwhile, there are some conflicting stories regarding the status of USC junior OT Winston Justice. Justice, who did not play this past season after he was suspended for pointing a pellet gun at another student, had previously said that he would be at school next fall after being re-instated. However, there have been rumors around the past day or two that Justice, a potential top pick whenever he finally does turn pro, was rethinking his decision with Trojans' head coach Pete Carroll being courted by the NFL. A report in today's L.A. Times, though, confirmed that Justice was in fact back in class this week saying he was 'eager' to get back to work with the Trojans.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I would understand it if he wants to stay and do his 4th year. A chance for a 3rd straight National Championship as well as a possibel 2nd Heisman.

In his shoes...I wouldn't risk it. You can't go any higher than overall #1 which is where he will go. I like Aaron Rogers a little more but no doubt Leinart is the top pick.

Ken

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I would understand it if he wants to stay and do his 4th year. A chance for a 3rd straight National Championship as well as a possibel 2nd Heisman.

In his shoes...I wouldn't risk it. You can't go any higher than overall #1 which is where he will go. I like Aaron Rogers a little more but no doubt Leinart is the top pick.
I agree, I can't see his stock getting any higher.

He risks injury, a bad season, and another player emerging and taking his top spot away.

He really needs to come out.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Plus he gets to stay in-state at San Fran.