Lemme ask ya this...

BlackJackMurphy

Benched
Reaction score
Had Quinn gone early ...

And we were sitting at 22 and took Spencer - what would your reaction had been with Meachem and Jarret sitting therer?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
see sig

I wanted a pass rusher... BUT... if we went WR and got Woodley in the 2nd... I'd be just as happy.

EDIT: This was better though, we got the Browns 1st round in 08.

Roughneck

Reaction score
I'd still be as happy as I am right now.

This defense under Wade's tutelage was already going to be monster. The addition of Spencer is only going to add to our ferocity and will have opposing QBs hearing footsteps all day long.

God how I've missed an aggressive defense.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
I never agreed with our biggest need being WR. I know our guys are old, but my god, they can play lights out. Crayton is the real deal, and I love what I've seen of Hurd and Austin.

We didn't get beat last year because of our WR's. We got beat because we couldn't pressure the qb. Plain and simple. Good O-lines and great pressure on the opposing qb win games. Its not rocket science.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BlackJackMurphy;1480009 said:
Had Quinn gone early ...

And we were sitting at 22 and took Spencer - what would your reaction had been with Meachem and Jarret sitting therer?
I was a big time Meachem guy. I won't deny it. But as my last mock will attest I knew Spencer was our pick not a WR. I didn't want Jarrett in the first round even at #32. I'd have rather had Anthony Gonzalez that the Colts took.

Spencer is going to be fun to watch and will impact the game right away. I will look for a WR next year, to team with Darren McFadden. ;)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I would of been happy with Spencer either way, he was the pass rusher left on the board and a good fit for Dallas' system.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1480097 said:
Spencer is going to be fun to watch and will impact the game right away. I will look for a WR next year, to team with Darren McFadden. ;)

285159.jpg

+

purdue_anthony_spencer_sm.jpg

+

341417544_b469325472_o.jpg

=

Vince_Lombardi_Trophy.jpg

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I would have swallowed it, because it was a good player.

But I am sick of ignoring offense in the draft. Especially in the first round.

adamknite

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1480214 said:

I agree. I knew we needed some help with pass rush, I just felt the desire for some offence for the first time in a decade. Oh well, McFadden will make me feel a lot better next year :D

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
adamknite;1480243 said:
I agree. I knew we needed some help with pass rush, I just felt the desire for some offence for the first time in a decade. Oh well, McFadden will make me feel a lot better next year :D

1.5 decades, unless you count LaFleur.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1480214 said:

i couldnt agree with you more, time will tell if we shouldve just took Quinn as well.:starspin

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CowboyChris;1480402 said:
i couldnt agree with you more, time will tell if we shouldve just took Quinn as well.:starspin

No - that would have been silly.