Lendale White hmmm... Interesting

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
They were rrrrripping LenDale on The Ticket here in LA yesterday. They said he's never been a workout warrior, but it was painfully obvious that he had done NOTHING since the Rose Bowl... except eat Krispy Kremes and put on 6 pounds.

Like it's been said on this thread, when you have a first round money staring you in the face, if you don't work to get it, you'll lose it. It just shows a lack of heart. They were talking about guys still on the USC team, who will never be drafted, who were working out for next season the day after the Rose Bowl. Can a guy like this (no heart) ever be a contributor? Can he be trusted once he gets his money? When you have this opportunity and these questions are being asked, that's worse than any injury concerns.

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
No, Dayne was slow even college at this weight. I thought he was overrated, since Wisconsin had a great OL. While I thought Larry Johnson was going to be good, regardless of the Penn State rep. I was told I was wrong many times about that, and when first couple of years when Larry Johnson was getting beat in press and probably by his HC, I thought maybe they were right.

But I didn't think Larry Would be this good though. Duckett is again overrated too. I think White can be good, but his laziness, that can't be overcome. You never going to be good if have tendency to do that.

Wrong....

Graduating from a Big 10 school.. I cant tell you how many times The "Great Dayne" torched my team... If you can out run Big10 safties to daylight then your obviously are not stuck in mud.. He might have not had the greatest 40 time or even 'Pro' speed, but without a doubt his game speed at Wisconsin was more than enough..

And sure you called LJ at Penn state a stud.... Just like you called Kijana Carter.. By the way I called Priest Holmes too:laugh2:

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
White was heavy even at the Rose Bowl. He commented that he had gained about 10 pounds between their last game and the Rose Bowl (31 days) over the holidays. It is obviously something he has an ongoing problem with and a real concern for NFL teams.

The kid has a lot of talent but needs to get motivated if he wants to make the big bucks. So far he has hurt himself in the draft by not being in shape especially when you compare him with Reggie Bush who was in phenominal condition for the Pro Day!

When he is finally selected somewhere in the 2nd round and he calculates just how much money he cost himself maybe then he will be motivated. In the meantime his running mate will get the biggest rookie contract ever for a RB and will deserve every penny of it because he has worked hard for it.

1Ware1

Reaction score
Can you say"BUS JR?"

Dont thinkPittsburgh is hopeing this kid gets even fatter.Jerome bettis was never considered a work out freak.

Man I can't stand this,Pittsburgh is getting another lineman torun the ball

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dat Dude said:
Wrong....

Graduating from a Big 10 school.. I cant tell you how many times The "Great Dayne" torched my team... If you can out run Big10 safties to daylight then your obviously are not stuck in mud.. He might have not had the greatest 40 time or even 'Pro' speed, but without a doubt his game speed at Wisconsin was more than enough..

And sure you called LJ at Penn state a stud.... Just like you called Kijana Carter.. By the way I called Priest Holmes too:laugh2:

Dayne's problem is his style. He trys to be a pure speed back, but he is built like a power back. He doesn't like to be used as a power back.

ghst187

Reaction score
First round RBs in order and draft value

1. Reggie Bush (draft value top 3 picks)
2. DeAngelo Williams (draft value 12-20)
3. (close call with Williams) Lawrence Maroney (if we didn't have a RB this is the guy I'd want) (draft value 14-24)

Fringe 1st rounders, more appropriately 2nd rounders.
4. Addai (draft value 26-40)
5. L White (draft value 33-40)

That is how I rate them