Height: 6-6
Weight: 365 lbs.
Pos: OT
Experience: 6 years
College: Texas
Drafted: Year:2001 Round:1 Pick:2, Cardinals
Insider Analysis
in.gif
Grade72Expert's TakeDavis has exceptional size and rare play strength. He stands an impressive 6-foot-7, 375 pounds and is not a fat player. He is a great run blocker who is able to maul and control his opponents with massive power and functional strength, and his huge wingspan makes it difficult for defenders to get around him in both the run and pass games. He is a very athletic player for his size and moves with ease in space, nimble enough to control his body and not become too top-heavy. Davis can also pull and run out in space. He uses his hands very well and has a strong punch and is a knee-bender who uses his leverage well. When he wants to, he can completely dominate opposing defenders. Despite playing at left tackle for many years he is best suited to play at guard. Davis has not been a very consistent player in his six years in the NFL, though, and does not always dominate on every play like he can and. He can be lazy and try to out muscle players over whom he has a size advantage, rather than using technique and feet to keep players at a disadvantage. He could improve both his pass sets and run blocking to be more punishing and dominant, and if Davis would ever get a consistently nasty temper and stop thinking so much he would set a new standard for the guard position. He still has some maturing to do, though when he wants to punish players he can and will. He has all the intangibles to be one of the best to ever play his position and if he is able to improve his control and balance in pass sets as well as in run blocking, he will greatly improve his game. He is a rare combination of talent, size and athletic ability that comes along once in a blue moon. Davis would be an All-Pro if he really went to work to increase his stamina and endurance and become a real student of the game. Overall, he is one of the best young talents in the NFL and will continue be a dominant player inside as a run blocker.

dfense

Reaction score
"Davis can also pull and run out in space."

That's all I need to hear. He'd be a wise addition. And he's only been in the league 6 years.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
One of my main concerns with Davis, can Romo throw the ball over the top of him? I know they normally throw through lanes but that is a mountain of a man at 6'6 and 375lbs.

Reaction score
Maxmadden;1397070 said:
One of my main concerns with Davis, can Romo throw the ball over the top of him? I know they normally throw through lanes but that is a mountain of a man at 6'7 and 380lbs.

Thats exactly what was going through my mind.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Romo can throw through a mountain so dont' worry about it.......... :D really he will be fine 3 inches doesn't change alot. Also better be looking over Davis at 5 yards away than Strahan or (insert NFC East DT here) at one foot away (yea you Rivera) right?