Leonard Little Found Innocent of Drunken Driving

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
No special treatment here I'm sure... :rolleyes:

Little Found Innocent of Drunken Driving

CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) -- St. Louis Rams defensive end Leonard Little was found innocent of drunken driving Friday by a St. Louis County Circuit jury.

Jurors ruled that Little was speeding at the time of his arrest April 24 on Interstate 64 in a St. Louis suburb. He will be sentenced on that charge May 6.

"We're absolutely thrilled," said Little's lawyer, Scott Rosenblum. "Couldn't be happier."

Little will not be considered a persistent offender, which had been a possibility under the charges because he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a 1998 drunken-driving accident in downtown St. Louis that killed 47-year-old Susan Gutweiler.

Little served three months in jail, completed 1,000 hours of community service and four years of probation for the earlier crime. He was also suspended without pay for the first half of the 1999 season.

The prosecution argued in this case that Little failed several field sobriety tests when stopped for speeding and refused to be chemically tested for alcohol when taken into custody.

Rosenblum countered that his client should be cleared, arguing in part that the officer at the scene failed to give Little the proper instructions. :rolleyes:

Rosenblum said during the trial that Little had consumed two beers and was not intoxicated when stopped by police, who reportedly found Little driving 78 mph in a 55-mph zone.

Little had 46 tackles, 6 1/2 sacks and recovered four fumbles last season. He was a Pro Bowl selection in 2003.​

Hoov

Reaction score
S***, now why did that line of defense work for his lawyer and not mine.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
another POS thug not in the Big House where he should be...

hey and not only is he not busting rocks (or frying in the chair for killing an innocent person) somebody's gonna pay him millions of dollars a yr

just another shining example of one of the worst court systems in the world at work

David

Hoov

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
another POS thug not in the Big House where he should be...

hey and not only is he not busting rocks (or frying in the chair for killing an innocent person) somebody's gonna pay him millions of dollars a yr

just another shining example of one of the worst court systems in the world at work

David

yeah, it doesn't seem like he did much time for the manslaughter charge, i think most people get 3 or more years for that. and this last DUI would be # 2 for him and does show he needs to learn a lesson. but still i think your being a little harsh with the "death penalty". Do you realize how many people have a drink or two and get in the car ? business meetings, business dinners, romantic dinners....i see people having a drink with dinner all the time, are they all POS thugs ? now we dont't know what his BAC was, but today you can get DUI at .8 and that is 2 drinks for some people.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hoov said:
yeah, it doesn't seem like he did much time for the manslaughter charge, i think most people get 3 or more years for that. and this last DUI would be # 2 for him and does show he needs to learn a lesson. but still i think your being a little harsh with the "death penalty". Do you realize how many people have a drink or two and get in the car ? business meetings, business dinners, romantic dinners....i see people having a drink with dinner all the time, are they all POS thugs ? now we dont't know what his BAC was, but today you can get DUI at .8 and that is 2 drinks for some people.

I think the difference here is that he has ALREADY killed someone... but continued to drink and drive... he got off easy and obviously didn't learn his lesson...

He got busted again but got off on a technicality... if you refuse the breathalizer... you are considered guilty... he refused... but it wasn't "explained correctly"... :rolleyes:

Well, it should have been old hat for him since he has done it before... multiple times...

I would surmise if he had killed a close relative of yours and gotten off... well then your tune would be different...

Hoov

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I think the difference here is that he has ALREADY killed someone... but continued to drink and drive... he got off easy and obviously didn't learn his lesson...

He got busted again but got off on a technicality... if you refuse the breathalizer... you are considered guilty... he refused... but it wasn't "explained correctly"... :rolleyes:

Well, it should have been old hat for him since he has done it before... multiple times...

I would surmise if he had killed a close relative of yours and gotten off... well then your tune would be different...

yeah, unfortunately i know about the automatic guilty regarding refusing a braethalizer. and no i wont be drinking and driving again, especially when a cab is much easier and cheaper (considering the fines and court costs, etc). And i do think he should have served his time for the manslaughter, if he had received the right punishment he likely would not have done it again. but he got off with a slap on the wrist for what happened the first time, and even easier this time. now i don't agree with this at all, he should have got nailed for a harsh punishment, but still i'm not really one for the death penalty for something like this. and yeah, i would have been very upset if it was a family member of mine, still i would not see it as someone who directly and maliciously came after one of my loved ones.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hoov said:

quit playing the smypathizer role...dont drink and drive, period. It's stupid...

too many innocent people are being crippled or killed because of someone else's ignorance...no problem with people having a good time, but dont get behidn the wheel...

David