Less sacks, less turnovers, but a more sound defense

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How would you feel if we didn't have all of the turnovers and sacks we've had over the last few years, but instead, we're better stopping the run, and are more disciplined in our overall defense. Would you be ok with this, or do you need to see the high amount of sacks and turnovers?? Please give your thoughts

jrumann59

Reaction score
How would you feel if we didn't have all of the turnovers and sacks we've had over the last few years, but instead, we're better stopping the run, and are more disciplined in our overall defense. Would you be ok with this, or do you need to see the high amount of sacks and turnovers?? Please give your thoughts
ISn't that pretty much the defenses under Jason Garrett. In todays NFL you need the ability to stop and or take away possessions. Offenses are too good. You need a an efficient Offense to go with a good defense

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think with Zimmer we will be Getting a def like that , not flashy but basically sound . If we have consistently decent defense , like one which wouldn’t let opposing offenses to score 5 consecutive possessions the GB game wouldn’t be like that.

Zimmer will get a better run d , I hope and obviously he needs personnel to do that , come on Jerry !

Combine it with a better OL performance and Run game , we can win some difficult games

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think with Zimmer we will be Getting a def like that , not flashy but basically sound . If we have consistently decent defense , like one which wouldn’t let opposing offenses to score 5 consecutive possessions the GB game wouldn’t be like that.

Zimmer will get a better run d , I hope and obviously he needs personnel to do that , come on Jerry !

Combine it with a better OL performance and Run game , we can win some difficult games
spot on man!!!!!

Mikexike

Reaction score
I'll take consistency or flash any day.

JBS

Reaction score
Less turnovers is never the answer

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sound defense and less sacks or turnovers are not exclusive, you can have both.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Parson will not tolerate fewer sacks. SACKS = $$$$$$$$$$

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You need turnovers and sacks to have a sound defense. A defense won’t hold up without takeaways and putting opponents behind the chains with sacks.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
less sacks? we finished tied for 13th with 46 sacks

part of the decline in the defense was the lack of pressure down the stretch