Lets get Al Saunders and Solari

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I like the idea, and do feel Jerry should open up the pocketbook to get both of them. It would solve two problems with two great coaches.

On top of that, it should be attractive for Saunders because Parcells is only here for two more years. Promise him the job, and he should come running.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
RW Hitman said:
I like the idea, and do feel Jerry should open up the pocketbook to get both of them. It would solve two problems with two great coaches.

On top of that, it should be attractive for Saunders because Parcells is only here for two more years. Promise him the job, and he should come running.

I would be all for it but Herman Edwards must clean house or let them interview with other teams.

MDCowboy

Reaction score
RW Hitman said:

I am all for it!:)

braw

Reaction score
Bill needs experinenced OC and DC. If Bill was young and was under contract for 5 years, then going with a young Coaching staff would be ideal. But since we are close as a team then he needs someone to challenge him. No good organization has a bunch of "yes" men.

Look at what Gibbs and Williams did or Bill and little Bill did.

What is the use of hiring young assistant coaches if they leave in a year or 2.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Let's rename this thread "let's get Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy" -- because that is equally likely.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
/cosigned

Provided the raiders dont hire Saunder I believe we have a real shot.
Both of the Cowboy coordinators got HC interviews this off-seaosn when we missed the playoffs. If we perform just slightly better next year with a healthy and improved OL Saunders would be essentially guaranteed a head gig.

I could see Jerry paying him Gregg Williams money for 2 or 3 years and trying to lock him into a future HC role. We dont seem to have that guy on the current staff AT ALL. It might be nice for Saunders seeing the young talent here and the chance to find, or coach up his future QB.

Sabu1

Reaction score
Keep dreaming. Parcells has his own offensive philosophy and the Gillman/Coryell/Zampese/Turner vertical passing game scheme is not it. Parcells will not hire Saunders. He will promote Todd Haley or hire Chris Palmer. And Parcells more than likely will call the plays. Get used to it. And it's not all such a bad thing. Parcells has a pretty good feel for playcalling. As long as they upgrade the talent executing the scheme. That will determine whether offensive production improves or not ultimately.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Sign me up.
I'm all for it.

I fear that BP wont want it but man it sounds good.
But we do do a lot of dealings with the Chiefs because of JJs relationship with the KC owner.

How long has Solari been with the Chiefs?

31WillHammerU

Reaction score
Sabu1 said:
Keep dreaming. Parcells has his own offensive philosophy and the Gillman/Coryell/Zampese/Turner vertical passing game scheme is not it. Parcells will not hire Saunders. He will promote Todd Haley or hire Chris Palmer. And Parcells more than likely will call the plays. Get used to it. And it's not all such a bad thing. Parcells has a pretty good feel for playcalling. As long as they upgrade the talent executing the scheme. That will determine whether offensive production improves or not ultimately.

Spot on. People fail to do their homework. Palmer was integral in Bledsoe's development. I could see Haley as OC with Palmer taking the WR job. He would be a security blanket for BP. BTW, Sparano and Palmer both were HCs at New Haven. They both coached at Boston University and were together at Cleveland. 2+2=4.

One more tidbit. Larry Keenan also coached Bledsoe (while at New England). That's the same Larry Keenan that tutored Henson while he prepared to workout for NFL teams.

So anyone who believes that JJ was the sole reason for Henson are, well, wrong.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Keep dreaming. Parcells has his own offensive philosophy and the Gillman/Coryell/Zampese/Turner vertical passing game scheme is not it.

The passing game in KC was anything but vertical. The deep game was the weakest part of their offense. Green doesn't have the arm to go deep all the time. Bledsoe does though. With Saunders, we might even see a well executed screen now and then.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I would be the happiest person on this board if Al Saunders was hired as OC.

Jerry get on that Plane tomorrow and get it done.......;)

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I am a Chris Palmer skeptic. Call anyone in Cleveland and Houston, two places he was run out of town on a rail, and you won't find a lot of love for him.

Saunders has been the coordinator of a top five offense for years. He is very bright and would be a great hire.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds great but that probably isn't a reality based idea.

He is the leading canidate for the HC job in Oakland.

montgod

Reaction score
Too late...Al Saunders signed up w/Snyder and Gibbs in Washington!

Uggh....