Let's see how Quincy Carter does now; NO EXCUSES

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I don't want to hear any excuses about Carter's play if he doesn't get the job done in NY. You can't say he doesn't having a running game now (Curtis Martin). He has everything he needs to succeed in New York.

Finally, let's judge Carter over a string of games and not just one.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
It aint gonna matter James. The bottom line is QC sucked as a DC, and got fired for a drug problem.

So if QC has a few good games at NYJ, lets not pretend it would have been the same way in Dallas. QC was provided every opportunity to succeed in Dallas and it just didnt work out for him.

My best wishes to QC, but if he has a few good games in New York, this board will never hear the end of it.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i've heard some crud in my time and this fits the bill. if QC wails for the jets you two and every other cowboys fan will take a moment or moments to reflect. "what if?" say what you will about inaccuracy and the plethora of raps on the guy. if he gets it done, dallas looks foolish. vinny has had good protection and that's a luxury QC NEVER enjoyed....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
QC was provided every opportunity to succeed in Dallas

I was for QC being cut for what he did or allegedly did, but...

WHAT? Provided every opportunity to succeed in Dallas? Are you f'in kidding me?

Crap OL, Crap coaching (for 2 of his 3 seasons), 3 different OCoords in his 3 seasons in Dallas, Never had a possession WR, never had a decent RB, only had a decent TE ONE year and it was the TE's rookie year.

Yeah, that's "every opportunity to succeed" alright.

:rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Will run right over Suggs and co.

28-14 Jets for the C&C team

Rude

Reaction score
Rack said:
I was for QC being cut for what he did or allegedly did, but...

WHAT? Provided every opportunity to succeed in Dallas? Are you f'in kidding me?

Crap OL, Crap coaching (for 2 of his 3 seasons), 3 different OCoords in his 3 seasons in Dallas, Never had a possession WR, never had a decent RB, only had a decent TE ONE year and it was the TE's rookie year.

Yeah, that's "every opportunity to succeed" alright.

:rolleyes:

Agreed. I never will understand how Carter was the most hated cowboy yet he had nothing to work with. yet he had better stats then carr and harrington, look at them now. Not saying carter would be like them but after a few years of playing, a Qb gets comfortable

jk591

Reaction score
Quincy is 8-8 132 yards vs. the best defense in football at the half.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jk591 said:
Quincy is 8-8 132 yards vs. the best defense in football at the half.

and after that 8/8 start is was like 5 of 15 or something...

saem old QC...good for awhile then mediocre or bad...he cant play back to back halves very well, much less string together good games...its been his career MO, and I didnt see anything today that suggested we will ever see anything different

David

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
and after that 8/8 start is was like 5 of 15 or something...

saem old QC...good for awhile then mediocre or bad...he cant play back to back halves very well, much less string together good games...its been his career MO, and I didnt see anything today that suggested we will ever see anything different

David

and no touchdowns either

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Another average performance by Quincy. He didn't play well but to be fair, he didn't play poorly either. He is truly living up to his reputation as a bus driver. He didn't have any interceptions but not suprisingly, he didn't throw any touchdowns either. But credit the man, the Jets won.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
That Quincy Carter is currently carrying a 98.2 quarterback rating, which would rank him 9th in the NFL if he had enough attempts to qualify...

That Quincy is completing over 60 per cent of his passes, and has thrown three times as many TD passes as interceptions...

That Quincy is 2-1 as a starter with the Jets, bringing his career record as a starter to 18-16...

That Quincy is averaging an impressive 8.59 yards per attempt...

That Quincy has 3 completions of over 40 yards, more than one in every 20 attempts...

Yeah, it's a small sample size, but it does seem to be a pretty strong rebuttal to all those who were insisting that Quincy was never going to improve over what we saw last year... he is in fact playing the best football of his career right now, which is about where he should be in his learning curve...

VirusX

Reaction score
IMO if QCar was here still we would be around 6-5 7-4 right in there somewhere.

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
He didn't do anything to lose the games, you have to give him that. Still, I read the offense dropped from scoring 23 PPG to 13 PPG, and the defense averaged 9 PPG allowed during the same period.

He drove the bus, I guess I would say. That's what he was basically asked to do.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
That Quincy Carter is currently carrying a 98.2 quarterback rating, which would rank him 9th in the NFL if he had enough attempts to qualify...

That Quincy is completing over 60 per cent of his passes, and has thrown three times as many TD passes as interceptions...

That Quincy is 2-1 as a starter with the Jets, bringing his career record as a starter to 18-16...

That Quincy has 3 completions of over 40 yards, more than one in every 20 attempts...

Yeah, it's a small sample size, but it does seem to be a pretty strong rebuttal to all those who were insisting that Quincy was never going to improve over what we saw last year... he is in fact playing the best football of his career right now, which is about where he should be in his learning curve...
Surprise!!! Suprise!!! In his 4th year Carter is able to learn an offense much quicker while taking back-up snaps during training camp and earlier on in the regular season.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
silverbear said:

And with all that you mentioned, Quincy Carter was finally benched for Chad Pennington despite Pennington not being a 100%. The team admitted the offense didn't fully click with Carter at the helm. Perhaps this is why they were averaging nearly 10 less points per game with QC as the starter.

CONCLUSION: Quincy is a fantastic Bus Driver...what a shocker

Quincy = Bus Driver

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
And with all that you mentioned, Quincy Carter was finally benched for Chad Pennington despite Pennington not being a 100%. The team admitted the offense didn't fully click with Carter at the helm. Perhaps this is why they were averaging nearly 10 less points per game with QC as the starter.

CONCLUSION: Quincy is a fantastic Bus Driver...what a shocker

Quincy = Bus Driver

Thats laughable. Pennington is a near All Pro franchise type QB. Carter's role is backup. He should have been 3-O. Coaches choked a loss. He has a 98 QB rating, 3 Td's and 1 inter. He did just fine - distort that all you want.