Lions GM- RW not being shopped

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Lions GM Martin Mayhew "stressed" Monday that Roy Williams is not on the trade block.

Mayhew says he's "called a few teams about a handful of players," but not Williams. "I've told Roy that we aren't shopping him, and Roy has told me that he wants to be here," Mayhew said. "We don't think it would (be) better for our players or our team to make that kind of move." Oct. 13 - 6:06 pm et

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
sorry martin but ol roy just straight up lied to you. who the heck wants to be with the lions??

:lmao: :lmao:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Packers said Farve was not being traded the Day before he was a Jet also.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
just because he's not being shopped it doesnt mean he wont be traded... dont expect a move but theres still a chance...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2335517 said:
Packers said Farve was not being traded the Day before he was a Jet also.

this reminds me of Seinfeld episode where the Mets were trying to steal George away from the Yankees...but "didn't say it"

Mayhew may be telling the truth, but more than likely he's trying to quiet the rumors just in case no deal is worked out and Roy remains a Lion

Spectre

Reaction score
if an underachieving former 1st round pick in a contract year on an 0-5 football team who just fired their GM isn't on the trading block then WHO IS?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Glad that's cleared up. So the other rumor must have been just Jon Kitna for Flozell and a #1. Now that's a deal!

jcollins28

Reaction score
It's for the best anyways. That #1 we would be giving up is probably going to be a lot higher then a lot of people around thought it would be.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We'll see but I think people are holding their breath for something that never had a real shot of happening in the first place.

juck

Reaction score
Plus RW isnt a burner he is another slower TO type.Now I think he is good and better then Crayton,but we have more issues then WR.Dont get me wrong sure Id like him but bringing him in isnt gonna make or break us.I actually would prefer a lil burner type ala wes welker to get open consistently with speed.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2335718 said:
Where you going with this?

My guess is that Saban said he had no intentions of leaving the Dolphins and the next thing you know, he was coaching at Bama.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think too many are clinging to a pipe dream.

I seriously doubt we trade for RW, just like I seriously doubt it'd make much difference this yr if we did. For the future it might, but there's alot more wrong with this team than who's playing WR opp Owens

wake up people