Local media, national media, who is worse re: Cowboys?

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Who is worse? The local (Dallas) media or the national media when it comes to covering the Cowboys? :confused:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
lurkercowboy said:
Who is worse? The local (Dallas) media or the national media when it comes to covering the Cowboys? :confused:

NATIONAL... Look at ESPN for example.. They said that the reports T.O. signing with the Cowboys was false.... ESPN didn't believe local station KBLK 13 ..KBLK which is Dallas Cowboys local news station.. ESPN is National...

Cornholio

Reaction score
Local

Galloway, Hanson and the others are lazy. That is why they hate on things like TO. It is easy to talk bad about something and stir up trouble. Real reporting takes too much time.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
neither bunch is worth a bucket of warm cow piss.

Well said.

I have to go out and search for good football articles like stuff from Boston Globe or Raphael Vela's blog.

The difference now is that with Parcells, the national media at least seems to not purposedly hate Dallas as much as they used to, but are still misinformed. With the local media, they seem to have an axe to grind and are misinformed.

Rich..........

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Well said.

I have to go out and search for good football articles like stuff from Boston Globe or Raphael Vela's blog.

The difference now is that with Parcells, the national media at least seems to not purposedly hate Dallas as much as they used to, but are still misinformed. With the local media, they seem to have an axe to grind and are misinformed.

Rich..........

Well put Rich.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Well said.

Rich..........

REALLY...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Local by far to me.

The National media has a whole leagues worth of teams for each sport to cover.

The local media is stuck with just the local teams and they have openly whined about not getting the access to the cowboys that they USED to get.

Before someone would call them from the cowboys to tell them things, now they have to dig a little harder.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Local by far to me.

The National media has a whole leagues worth of teams for each sport to cover.

The local media is stuck with just the local teams and they have openly whined about not getting the access to the cowboys that they USED to get.

Before someone would call them from the cowboys to tell them things, now they have to dig a little harder.

That's not all local media...

juice28

Reaction score
National media. It's all generic info. They take reports from the local media and hype it up.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Local media by far. It used to be that if you took out ESPN, the local media would win but now that ESPN has Michael Irvin -- undoubtedly one of the biggest Cowboys homers ever -- I think the Cowboys get more love from that network than they do some of the local hacks.

With Randy Galloway and JLE picking a new fight every month, JJT and his strange feuds with Roy Williams and others, along with other endearing moments from the D/FW reporters, it's hard not to pick local.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Local media by far. It used to be that if you took out ESPN, the local media would win but now that ESPN has Michael Irvin -- undoubtedly one of the biggest Cowboys homers ever -- I think the Cowboys get more love from that network than they do some of the local hacks.

I don't see Irvin as a Cowboys homer. He didn't like them that much in 2003, ripped them to shreds in 2004, and still refused to say that Terry Glenn was a #1 WR type.

Now that they signed T.O., he'll be all over Dallas for being Super Bowl bound. But in general, he has always seemed to not care too much for the Parcells regime.

Rich........

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I don't see Irvin as a Cowboys homer. He didn't like them that much in 2003, ripped them to shreds in 2004, and still refused to say that Terry Glenn was a #1 WR type.

Now that they signed T.O., he'll be all over Dallas for being Super Bowl bound. But in general, he has always seemed to not care too much for the Parcells regime.

Rich........

Well, he wasn't. LOL If there were still any doubts, signing TO proves he isn't a #1.

Michael Irvin is always picking the Cowboys when he shouldn't be and giving props to Dallas players who probably don't deserve it. He openly admits he is biased when it comes to Miami and Dallas. Gotta love him for it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BOTH
Each have their ok moments (bcause they never have good ones) but they are horrible overall.
Depends on the player or subject. Remember on their 6-10 season, everyone was calling for BP's head, saying he needed to go. Now after last year, they were kissing his *** wanting him to stay (because there was no other coach out there to go get was their excuse).
Now if it was Jerry Rice coming here in his prime, can you imagine ALL the love. But since it's TO, they need to show hate.
ESPN will be ESPN, they will always bash Dallas until they win and then give them love. Two teams they will always love will b the Bills and the 49er' no matter what.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Well said.

Rich..........
:hammer:

texastwister

Reaction score
C -When it comes to the Cowboys since BP got here everyone hates us. None of them say anything good about the Boys. The only media guy that ever sticks his neck out for us is Kirwan

lspain1

Reaction score
Local media by far is worse. They should be so much better than the national media. Instead, the local Dallas media often provide such uninformed and thoughtless opinion it is astonishing to behold. When Clayton, Pasquarelli, and Kiper come across as better informed about the Cowboys (and they do most of the time), the local media types should be ashamed. I can see the aformentioned trio able to spend more time on the NFL as a whole, but the local folks should be able to talk rings around them on the Cowboys and the NFC East.

ddh33

Reaction score
In my opinion, they are both awful. The national media just throw out all of the tired stereotypes. They do very little investigation. They have old opinions, and they won't let go of them.

Meanwhile, the local media allows it to happen. Instead of taking up for the local Dallas teams, the reporters here just pile on and go along with what the big names said.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is something to consider with the local vs the national since recently a show had both.

Either this week or last week Around the Horn was on ESPN.

They had, as normal, four reporters from different cities on.

The Question came up if the TO signing by dallas was a good one.

Three of the Reporters said yes.

One Reporter said No and bagged on the cowboys.

The one reporter was from the Dallas area...Kevin Blackistone.