Looking back, we would be better off

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Had we lost in regulation, we would still have Romo and McBriar.

Ironic.

By showing grit and determination, and finding a way to score 10 pts to tie the game, we lose two key players.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

:bang2:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Or this could be the wake up call the team needed, thats the good thing about the future, it hasn't happened yet.

links18

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;2337500 said:
Had we lost in regulation, we would still have Romo and McBriar.

Ironic.

By showing grit and determination, and finding a way to score 10 pts to tie the game, we lose two key players.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

:bang2:

If Columbo (I think) didn't let his man come free and run Romo into the ground we would still have Romo and if Curtis and Carpenter don't let their men run free on the punt, we would still have McBriar. Really Curtis needs to get cut for that......

Boysboy

Reaction score
stealth;2337508 said:
Or this could be the wake up call the team needed, thats the good thing about the future, it hasn't happened yet.

I was thinking the same thing-since the Buffalo game last year, this team has had the mentality that they can take their foot off the gas peddle anytime they want b/c they can win at all costs.

I really, really hate the injuries in this game, but overall, even this team all but admitted they needed a big kick in the gut.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2337513 said:
If Columbo (I think) didn't let his man come free and run Romo into the ground we would still have Romo and if Curtis and Carpenter don't let their men run free on the punt, we would still have McBriar. Really Curtis needs to get cut for that......

I think cricket missed the block for Tony.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
links18;2337513 said:

if we cut every player for a missed block we'd be in cap hell

links18

Reaction score
the kid 05;2337533 said:
if we cut every player for a missed block we'd be in cap hell

Not every player, just Curtis. Need to send some sort of message.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
stealth;2337508 said:

I tend to go with the wakeup call. Agreed.

I would like to see this team respond to this.... get mad.

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore"

Open your windows and shout!!!!!!! :D

the kid 05

Reaction score
links18;2337536 said:

so cut the 3rd string tight end because of what could have been a fluke play (wasn't able to see the game but am downloading it) and a fluke missed block

Boysboy

Reaction score
links18;2337536 said:

He's been making penalties all year-he had one in Cleveland, the one against Philly pushed us back further near the goalline(Romo's fumble in the endzone was the subsequent play), just to name a few.

*shrugs* You can discipline players all you want, but I guess in some cases, stupid is as stupid does.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Book this comment, because it may be the only time this year I say anything serious. This injury will be the turning point of the season. Garrett and most of this team relied on Romo way too much to make things right and it has shown in their play. Now everyone must step up and play hard to get a win, including Garrett actually trying some new things to keep TO from getting Jammed at the LOC (Bunch formations, motion). Bull may not be a lot of the things that Romo is, but he is a leader and will tell people when they screw up. Look for some close, hard fought victories in the next three games and cohesion down the stretch.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2337547 said:
Book this comment, because it may be the only time this year I say anything serious. This injury will be the turning point of the season. Garrett and most of this team relied on Romo way too much to make things right and it has shown in their play. Now everyone must step up and play hard to get a win, including Garrett actually trying some new things to keep TO from getting Jammed at the LOC (Bunch formations, motion). Bull may not be a lot of the things that Romo is, but he is a leader and will tell people when they screw up. Look for some close, hard fought victories in the next three games and cohesion down the stretch.

I think we'll beat the Rams, squeak by the Bucs, and lose at the Meadowlands. Not worried about the Giants on 11/2 b/c we'll get'em at home in Dec.

links18

Reaction score
the kid 05;2337543 said:
so cut the 3rd string tight end because of what could have been a fluke play (wasn't able to see the game but am downloading it) and a fluke missed block

Fluke play? When two guys run through to your punter untouched that is not a fluke play, its a complete head-up-arse meltdown that got your pro-bowl punter murderded and out for the season. Someone needs to hold somebody accountable on this team. Jimmy Johnson fired people for fumbling, why can't we fire an undrafted free agent TE for getting our punter killed? We have Hannah on the practice squad; he looked good in pre-season.

Mike_45

Reaction score
stealth;2337508 said:
thats the good thing about the future, it hasn't happened yet.

I like that qoute for some reason. I am gonna use that in my coaching. :bow:

the kid 05

Reaction score
links18;2337565 said:
Fluke play? When two guys run through to your punter untouched that is not a fluke play, its a complete head-up-arse meltdown that got your pro-bowl punter murderded and out for the season. Someone needs to hold somebody accountable on this team. Jimmy Johnson fired people for fumbling, why can't we fire an undrafted free agent TE for getting our punter killed? We have Hannah on the practice squad; he looked good in pre-season.

Jimmy didn't have to worry about a cap hit and had an all freakin pro running back ;) Tony curtis has been here for at least 2 seasons now and bro...come on its pre season...the bears 4th string undrafted qb looked great in game 3..

aikemirv

Reaction score
links18;2337565 said:

I am with you on Curtis. That was the most boneheaded play since: I forgot who it was that decided not to block the player on the FG attempt in Washington a couple of years ago!

He just moved to his left with no purpose at all and let the guy run straight through.

Smith22

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2337547 said:
This injury will be the turning point of the season. Garrett and most of this team relied on Romo way too much to make things right and it has shown in their play. Now everyone must step up and play hard to get a win, including Garrett actually trying some new things to keep TO from getting Jammed at the LOC (Bunch formations, motion). Bull may not be a lot of the things that Romo is, but he is a leader and will tell people when they screw up. Look for some close, hard fought victories in the next three games and cohesion down the stretch.

Man, this is exactly what I'm hoping to see. We need to come out of these next 3 games with at least 2 victories, then have our BYE week and get healthy. Getting a healthy TNew, Felix and Romo back would be HUGE.