Looking for Opinions on...

followthestar

Reaction score
there are a couple teams who i really have trouble getting a handle on, and i was hoping to glean some info from some of you.
first is Arizona - they could go anywhere from 5-11 to 11-5, if the prognosticators are right. Denny Green is rumored to be putting his stamp on the team, so they should be a little scrappier, but does anyone have any idea how they might actually finish? could they possibly win their division?
i also followed the Panthers during their excellent season 2 years back, and i think they will resurface at some point - but i could be wrong. were they just having a cinderella season, and be lucky to sniff the playoffs again?
one last team that for obvious reasons will be kept a close eye on is the skins. in years past, on the flimsiest of evidence, they were being chosen to regain some of their former glory - but every year they came up waaaaay short. this year few are biting on that bait again, and even a winning season seems like a pipe dream at this point. my question is: how long will Gibbs put up with it? i don't think its unreasonable that he might step down DURING THE SEASON, like when the entire organization is being crucified in the press for standing at 2-8 after ten games! does anyone else agree that this is Gibbs' last hurrah (or in this case boo)?
thanks for any input and y'all have a good one...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arizona will be improved again. Can they win their division with Warner? Right now I've got them finishing second because I just can't put them in first yet. Carolina is one of the top 4 teams in the NFC behind Philly, Minny and ATL. Washington won't have a good year and Gibbs won't step down in mid-season any more than BP would if we melted down. Gibb's last hurrah? Does anyone care? Go back to NASCAR.

Mash

Reaction score
Washington OL is the key.....Ramsey is a good Qb if given time....Portis is a solid RB...their Wr's don't scare me though. Their defence will be solid. Gibbs is a very good coach but they have some off field issues to deal with.

I can see all three (Giants,Skins,Cowboys) battling for second place and a .500 record.

Arizona.....I don't know about Warner starting but he is better then what they have....their Wr's are solid. Dennis Green is a very good coach and I guy I was rooting for to become a head coach here before Bill arrived.

ghst187

Reaction score
Arizona isn't bad, what they're needing is a bonified #1 RB. Their defense is well underrated and their OL is solid. Their WR corps is enviable to say the least. I'm not sure Warner is the answer but I think they at least make the running for a WC. If they find a solid RB, they could be scary.

Carolina is a solid team, they had some bad luck last year with some serious injuries to key players. When you have a front 4 like they do, your defense can keep you competitive, add Delhomme's grittiness and bring back Foster/Davis. I think they can get a WC at least.

Washington is in a toilet. I'm not sure their d can keep them competitive. Ramsey is okay but will they stick with him or try to get Campbell reps? Their OL doesn't play up to their names and Portis is overrated. Their WR corps got dismantled and IMO went from threatening to not this offseason. I don't think Gibbs has it anymore and I don't think his style is working with today's players.

Predictions:
Carolina 9-6
Arizona 8-8
Wash 5-11