Looking slightly ahead ... Thanksgiving

Eddie

Reaction score
Jets are going to be 1-9 heading into Texas Stadium on Thanksgiving. I'm hoping we'll be welcoming them with a 9-1 team.

Everyone is going to expect a snooze fest and a Cowboy blowout. I wouldn't be surprised if the line was showing the Boys favored by 14 points.

This is our trap game gents. Especially with GB up next. The Dallas GB game is going to be taughted as the NFC game of the year. The media is going to be all over it.

The Jets game is trapped between the Skins and the Packers. I'm afraid our focus may not be on them at the time.

But if we really are a SB team, then we need to beat the teams we're supposed to beat, and crush the weaker teams. If anything, the Jets game is going to be more of a statement game than any other so far.

gazjor1

Reaction score
Its a fair point BUT after we roll past the Skins do you honestly believe that we will let our guard down against the other NY team??? I can see that being a statement game to GB and the rest of the NFL

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Eddie;1761566 said:
If anything, the Jets game is going to be more of a statement game than any other so far.

You know, seems to me we've played a "few" statement games. The media talk is italized with me phrapharsing.

1. Giants, first game of the year. If we are going to win the east, everyone said you had to defend your home turf.

2. Bears. Defending NFC Champs at home on Monday night. Everyone wrote, if Dallas is for real, they need to go on the road, on Monday night and beat the defending NFC champs.

3. Buffalo. [I]Trap Game with the NE coming up next. Monday night game, if Dallas is a serious team, they have to beat the teams they are suppose to beat and not look past the current team in the "show done" of undefeated teams.[/I]

4. NE. If Dallas is the real deal in the NFC, they have to beat NE or at least play them close.

5. Minnesota. [I]If Dallas is real, they have to bounce back and beat MN. They have to shut down Peterson, who went off the week before. Heading into the buy week, this is a must win game.[/I]

6. Philly. Defending NFC East Champs. The road goes thru these guys. If Dallas is for real, they have to beat Philly on the road. McNabb looked like the McNabb of old, the week prior to playing Dallas. The Eagles are back.

7. NYG. Other than NE, what team has Dallas beat with a winning record. NYG are the hottest team in football. They have one six in a row and the "Four Aces" will be a tough front aginst the big, slow Dallas O-Line. This is a must win game. If they G-Men win, they are in first place in the NFC East.

So Eddie, almost every game has been a must win or statment game for Dallas this year. Seems to reason, that the Jets game must be a must win also. What are they 1-8. If we don't beat them, we are clearly a joke of a team. Sorting like Pittsburg losing to Arizona yet all media types think they are the third best team in football.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Teams can and do have a "bad day" and turn in a clunker from time to time, but I don't see the 2007 Cowboys as very susceptible to trap games.

I think they've got too much enthusiasm, intensity, and focus to take wins for granted. And the success is still new.

Next year might be a different story.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If there is any trap game, I think it might be the Lions in Detroit.

The problem with the Jets is that they have to travel to our house on a very short week. It's tough for bad teams to beat anyone under those conditions, even if we don't play our best.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I knew this thread was forthcoming. Just didn't know who from.

This Cowboys team is well prepared. I do not believe there will be any "trap games." Not even the horrible way we played in Buffalo caused us to be trapped.

The backups will get some playing time on Turkey Day.

superpunk

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1761664 said:
If there is any trap game, I think it might be the Lions in Detroit.

The problem with the Jets is that they have to travel to our house on a very short week. It's tough for bad teams to beat anyone under those conditions, even if we don't play our best.

Maybe we can trot out the hokey mouse traps....Payton did that this week, we see how that worked out for Nawlins, lol.

I think any chance Detroit had of sneaking up on us left the building after they embarassed the Boys in Dallas. No doubt that Bradie James has heard Jon Kitna's critique of his play.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;1761683 said:
Maybe we can trot out the hokey mouse traps....Payton did that this week, we see how that worked out for Nawlins, lol.

I think any chance Detroit had of sneaking up on us left the building after they embarassed the Boys in Dallas. No doubt that Bradie James has heard Jon Kitna's critique of his play.
I will be honest, more than any other team on the schedule I want the Cowboys to humiliate the Lions after last year. Especially Mike Furrey for his breaking the star incident. I'd like to see him scared of his own shadow.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;1761683 said:

Good point. Even there, we have some motivation. Thanks, Kitna... He's not Lady James any more.

And I did LMAO when I heard about Payton's mousetrap trick. Does Sean already have a firstborn? If not, you can count on Bill being in the name somewhere.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1761696 said:
Can a home game be called a trap game?

Ohio St found out you can have a trap game at home. LOL This will be a tough stretch because unlike past season we have to play the following Thursday instead of having the 11 days off and will be facing one of the top teams in the conference vs GB

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its hard for me to call a prime time home game on Thanksgiving a trap game.