Looks like we're the national game on opening Sunday

EndGame

Reaction score
I don't know if this is new information (it is to me, anyhow) but FOX has us pegged as the national game when we play the Jags. They're promoting the crap out of it during the Panthers/Dolphins game that's on right now.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew that and it makes me happy, but as the Cowboys get more national exposure, it makes your subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket less valuable. But to be honest, even if they showed 15 of the Dallas games on the networks, it would still be worth it to have Sunday Ticket just to see the one that's not on TV.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita said:
I knew that and it makes me happy, but as the Cowboys get more national exposure, it makes your subscription to NFL Sunday Ticket less valuable. But to be honest, even if they showed 15 of the Dallas games on the networks, it would still be worth it to have Sunday Ticket just to see the one that's not on TV.

True but just because the game is the national one does not mean it will be shown in your market. I will probably get about 10 of the games on local stations, but it is worth the $30.00 a month I will pay during the season to get the other six.

EndGame

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
True but just because the game is the national one does not mean it will be shown in your market. I will probably get about 10 of the games on local stations, but it is worth the $30.00 a month I will pay during the season to get the other six.
I just checked and I'm thrilled to see that the Deadskins (my local market team .. ugh) are playing on Monday night during opening weekend. That means I'll get to see my Boys play their first two games without having to go to a sports bar. I'm too cheap to buy Sunday Ticket. If the game isn't on local broadcast or ESPN, I listen on SIRIUS or go to a bar.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
this is going to be my first reg season dal game that I get to see in person.

k19

Reaction score
I'm glad I dont live in South GA anymore. All I ever got to see on reg TV was the Falcons, Bucs, and Jags. Luckily Albuquerque shows all the Boys games. I'll still miss my Sunday Ticket though

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Wolfpack said:
this is going to be my first reg season dal game that I get to see in person.

Enjoy. My first game, they lost 29-3 in Seattle but I will happy getting to see Smith live.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
All you folks who live outside of DFW and haven't picked up the Direct TV package yet should be thankful TO is on the team regarless of how much you hate him, cause he's gonna add at least 3 more national games on our schedule.

Haley94

Reaction score
Just ordered Sunday Ticket with Super Fan. I will now have all the games in HD. You can't beat watching the games in HD. Installation is Sept 1. I'm very excited. It's going to be a great year

EndGame

Reaction score
Haley94 said:
Just ordered Sunday Ticket with Super Fan. I will now have all the games in HD. You can't beat watching the games in HD. Installation is Sept 1. I'm very excited. It's going to be a great year
I bought an HD tuner and an antenna. I keep hearing the picture is crisper when you pluck it out of the air than if it comes in on cable or satellite.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
EndGame said:
I bought an HD tuner and an antenna. I keep hearing the picture is crisper when you pluck it out of the air than if it comes in on cable or satellite.

That it is. Cable and satellite use too much compression. Can't wait to get some good movies on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray to see what they're really supposed to look like, and not what I get on HBO with the dish, or from Comcast.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
nice to hear. Maybe i wont have to go tu mah uncles for the opener then. (hes got ST)

Reaction score
Looks like I won't be getting the game since the Packers/Bears game is on at the same time also. Does anyone know if that would also be on FOX like it would have been for sure last year? I might have to go out to the bar myself and slip them a 5 to give me a tv for myself ;x

mwj473

Reaction score
ATurkishSeaOtter said:
Looks like I won't be getting the game since the Packers/Bears game is on at the same time also. Does anyone know if that would also be on FOX like it would have been for sure last year? I might have to go out to the bar myself and slip them a 5 to give me a tv for myself ;x

Games are assigned to certain networks based on the road team. CBS carries the AFC and FOX the NFC. So if the road team is from the NFC, it will be on FOX, if the road team is from the AFC, then CBS.

So, to answer your question, yes, that game will be on FOX, sorry.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
For those in the Houston area it looks as if you will have to watch this game on Sunday Ticket or your local sports bar. 1st game will be Philly at Houston which will knock the Cowboys 3:00 game off

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
For those in the Houston area it looks as if you will have to watch this game on Sunday Ticket or your local sports bar. 1st game will be Philly at Houston which will knock the Cowboys 3:00 game off

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

Phily Vs Houston is at 12 PM

Dallas vs Jax is at 3:15

People in houston will see both.

Nav22

Reaction score
Two words, guys: sports bar. I live in California, never owned Sunday Ticket, and haven't missed a Cowboys game in years.